Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:26 PM

Autumn New Zealand

These pictures were taken in New Zealand during Autumn many Moons ago, way before digital cameras were invented, these have been scanned from the original negatives I still have.
It is the Queenstown, Wanaka area of the South Island.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:30 PM

Re: Autumn New Zealand

It just goes to show that the old cameras were not so bad. Great pics and I like the moon in shot 9.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:39 PM

This is three other scans from the same trip, I think I have posted the two of Lake Matheson in here before

DWebb
North East, UK

01-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It just goes to show that the old cameras were not so bad. Great pics and I like the moon in shot 9.
Ah yes the Moon the original idea was to scan lots of my old negatives but it takes so long I give up
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Ah yes the Moon the original idea was to scan lots of my old negatives but it takes so long I give up
I know what you mean. I scanned quite a few for a digital frame but it takes forever and there's no way I'm going to scan all those in the loft.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 11:34 PM

Wonderful pictures Colin
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree with all of that. Great pictures indeed.
Film cameras did well for me. Now gone digital with a Canon SLR.

What took me a little while to get round was the difference, not so much in quality, but the incremental cost of film. You buy the film and each frame has another incremental cost for developing. So you are selective.

With digital you can do as many as you like. The problem then becomes one of managing the files. I do it by month and download that to a DVD before clearing the camera.

Not there is a problem with the camera storage being exceeded. The memory card is 32Gb and I carry a spare.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:25 AM

Beautiful pictures, especially the mountains reflected in the water.

Stunning I think is the word I am looking for.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:31 AM

Fantastic! I love the ones framed by trees.
Is there a device that you can convert negatives with?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:33 AM

New Zealand looks very beautiful - great photos - especially the reflections.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top