Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 08:42 AM

America's Gun Lobby.

America's National Rifle Association has proposed that every school has an armed guard. Trust the Americans to think that putting more guns into schools is the answer.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 12:28 PM

Re: America's Gun Lobby.

...what I think about the American gun lobby is probably best not put in print ...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 01:52 PM

I thought much the same Alan..can't see what good having an armed guard in school would do. Would he/she shoot the child who has the gun? and not bother with the police!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 03:07 PM

I'm not sue that they've thought this through, wouldn't a potential assassin just kill the armed guard first then carry on with the business of killing children as usual.....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 03:21 PM

If they don't ban high velocity assault rifles the are mad, personally I think it would better to ban all guns completely.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Yes I thought that as well, I would be worried if I lived there.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 07:00 PM

The head of NRA said that the way to tackle a bad man with a gun is to have a good man with a good. Personally I think a better way is to stop the bad man getting a gun in the first place.
Patricia
New Member!
Northeast England
Patricia is female 

22-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Does the NRA think guns are more important than children? It seems that way!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 03:33 AM

Apparently Columbine had armed security guards, didn't seem to make much difference.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 09:39 AM

The second amendment said that all Americans can carry a gun. Unfortunately in 1787 they didnt have the sofisticated auto semimatic guns they do now. My penfriend lives in Colordo and her husband has
one to go hunting with. I have been invited over for a holiday and feel reluctant to go apart from the long journey to get there but I would be not happy living in a house for two weeks with massive guns in them.
I saw they have invented bullet proof ruck sacks you can buy for kids and they are going down well. I noticed that a poor lad of 11years has been arrested as he took a gun to school the other day to protect himself from a gunman coming into his class. It goes on doesnt it, something drastic has to be done to stop that kind of thing especially if a poor 11 year old is so frightened, that he becomes in so much trouble with the police.
By the way it is said that Walmart have sold out of guns in the last few weeks so even more people have got guns without a brain check which should be occurring in my mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top