Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 01:36 AM

Re: The Government is destroying this country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIUf...are_video_user
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 11:57 AM

Quite amusing Hazel.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Well, I did usually vote Conservative - but no more. Labour screwed up the economy good and proper, but the Tories/Lib Dems have just poured misery on top of Labour's incompetence. Then they tell yo that if the medicine tases bloody awful, it must be doing some good! Rubbish!!

What about the broken promises on university tuition fees, the state pension age for women, the pathetic interest rates on savings and investments etc...

And don't say that 50% tax is fair - that's not taxation - it's confiscation!
Or - the complete balls up on Child allowance where 2 people each earning £49k will get the allowance, but 1 person earning £0 and 1 earning £60k won't! What definition of fair is that??

However Meg, I do agree with some things you say - I live in a village where people know and 'look out' for each other.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:23 PM

Better to confiscate 50% from the weathier 1% than the 99% just getting by or with little or nothing.

You forgot thse broken promises too:
£1million inheritance allowance.
Scapping thee 1% rise in NI contributions.
Referendum on Europe. (they will keep kicking that can diwn the road until they can rely on the result the want!)
Bringing forward the 2024 increase in the state pension age from 65 to 66 in 2016 for men and in 2020 for women.

These liars, cheats and thieves want a 32% salary rise too!
Abandoning policy of replacing Council Tax with a Local Income Tax
Abandoning the “Mansion Tax” on homes worth over £2million
Raising the Personal Tax Allowance to £10,000 for everyone
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 01:08 PM

I'm bloody furious with them for screwing up the state pension age - I will certainly never vote for them again. Unfortunately, all the parties are useless! Bring back the Official Monster Raving Loony party.

It's about time the government raised the personal tax allowance and how about giving us a tax free allowance on all savings and investments interest, not just ISAs - say first £10k tax free? Help to offset the pathetic interest rates that savers get.
It's also about time they upped the winter fuel allowance - considering the rise in heating costs.

Things are a bit different here in Scotland and it will be interesting to see what happens over the next two years.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 07:51 AM

This thread made me laugh, the grumblers need to campare todays salaries with the past salaries before they spout off how bad things are.

1970 a loaf bread cost 7p and the average weekly wage was around £32. Today, a loaf costs 53p and weekly wages are about £475 so you could buy around 457 loaves in 1970, today, 896 loaves.

The Mini, in 1970, cost around £600. Its redesigned descendant now sells for £12500.

A pint of lager in your local was 20p, a far cry from today's average of £2.10. And cigarettes, which enjoyed a lot more popularity then, were 20p for 20. Today, the habit costs about £4.65 a pack.

PK, there are exceptions to this but it is just part of how ordinary things have changed

You complain about the Government but they are really not to blame, the people to blame are yourselves.
How many of you voted for a politician during the last 50yrs?
How many times have you wrote or personally complained to your local politician or council about your grievances?

How many of you have bought cheap foreign made products rather than British made products in the last 50 yrs? (One reason why we have hardly any home made products today)

How many of you have wrote or personally complained to the Local Ombudsman?

Having said that you can make figures say whatever you want them to.

I know I am far better of today ( pro rata )than I was in the 70's.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 08:04 AM

I like many am richer than I have ever been before (on paper that is).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 09:59 AM

Ok folks, since the majority of contributions on here seem to voice discontent, what are 'we' (i.e YOU) going to do about it??? Just writing letters or emails of protest is not enough - its not a change of government that's needed, but we need to bring down the whole rotten system in its entirety - who else will be on the pickets lines and protest marches???
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ok folks, since the majority of contributions on here seem to voice discontent, what are 'we' (i.e YOU) going to do about it??? Just writing letters or emails of protest is not enough - its not a change of government that's needed, but we need to bring down the whole rotten system in its entirety - who else will be on the pickets lines and protest marches???
Joe, some people have been arrested for making such suggestions on Twitter.(Should I squeal to the police)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Joe, some people have been arrested for making such suggestions on Twitter.(Should I squeal to the police)
By all means - be my guest!!! You can also tell them that I'm advocating and will join campaigns to eliminate the monarchy and establish a truly democratic society with an elected President.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top