Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 02:55 AM

Re: Fame at Last.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Jean darlin' - George (my dad) was an engineer (tool maker), was in the AEU and served many years as Branch treasurer, Branch Secretary and finally as Branch President. I attended many TUC conferences when they were held here in Brighton and met and knew Hugh Scanlon quite well.
Sorry - I should have explained - here in Australia the AEU is not only the Engineers Union (of which my late father a fitter, was a devoted member) but also our only union for teachers - Australian Education Union. It's very confusing I know!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 09:57 AM

Jean darlin' - oops, sorry darlin' - its all these initials - confusing isn't it???
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 05:07 PM

Well done.

Famous for a Day

Good to see that you appear to be a fan of Dr Who.

oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 05:23 PM

Unfortunately I'm a withered 60 year old who does act his age - even grunting when getting up from the recliner he spends hours on end in reading a novel and sipping Cadbury's hot chocolate.

No hope for me is there?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Unfortunately I'm a withered 60 year old who does act his age - even grunting when getting up from the recliner he spends hours on end in reading a novel and sipping Cadbury's hot chocolate.

No hope for me is there?
Jim matey, - something else for you to try - Sainsburys or Tescos sell a very nice Pineapple and cocoanut juice. Mix that with Malibu and it should make a really nice 'adult' drink!!!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2013, 06:03 PM

I might try that Joe.

I usually just have Malibu on its own (sometimes even drank from the bottle - like the sophisticated guy I am) but am open to trying new things.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top