Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:29 PM

Humans - A Plague on Earth!

Sir Richard Attenborough has made a prediction, I must say I tend to agree with him, what do you think:-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/sir-david-a...110250496.html
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:37 PM

Re: Humans - A Plague on Earth!

I think I need to put another log on the fire

Sorry, that is facetious of me I know.

Fact is, what use is it worrying about things like this at our time in life?

I'll be lucky if I live another 5 years let alone 50 so why raise my blood pressure for nothing?

Right enough, the children and young adults in society should worry and try to do something since they WILL be around in 50 years.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Limit everyone to 2 children max and only then if they can afford them. Those in parts of Africa where they have insufficient food and dirty water should not be having any children as they cannot support life in those circumstances. It may sound harsh but its fact of life,
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:48 PM

I agree with him completely....
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:51 PM

Well a better solution would surely be to stop adding extra child benefit after 2 children rather than actually limiting the amount of children you can have.

We had three children before our two sons died, our daughter being the third child to be born and we would NEVER have expected to be told we couldn't have her because of a 2 child limit.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:54 PM

Maybe the world wasn't so overpopulated then OB. It is now so restrictions should be imposed. Or more people like me and Mollie who didn't want any
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

22-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Well I'm sure it wasn't much different in 1986 than it is now.

Our daughter has two children and is now expecting another and likewise I would not expect anybody to tell her and her husband they could not have another child.
The Dog Lover
Watford

22-01-2013, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Well I'm sure it wasn't much different in 1986 than it is now.

Our daughter has two children and is now expecting another and likewise I would not expect anybody to tell her and her husband they could not have another.
We will have to agree to disagree OB. 2 children should be enough for anyone when the world is overpopulated. Read Mr Attenborough's article again.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-01-2013, 06:31 PM

People who can't support the children they have should be offered sterilisation/the snip, or a complete termination of their benefits and the removal of their children.

I am also of the opinion that the UK, I don't know about other parts of the world, are over populated with dogs and cats. many of which are not properly looked after, or under control, particularly dogs. You should have to have a licence, at least £100 to own a dog, and £50 for a cat, which must be neutered by law. Only licenced breeders should be permitted to breed these animals, and should be subject to frequent inspections, at their own expense. Unwanted animals, which can't be rehomed for whatever reason, should be humanely put down. It seems to me ridiculous keeping them in animal rescue sanctuaries for no good purpose.

If ownership of a dog or cat was expensive and licenced, maybe people would think twice before buying one, and realise they have to look after them in a responsible manner.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

22-01-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
People who can't support the children they have should be offered sterilisation/the snip, or a complete termination of their benefits and the removal of their children.

I am also of the opinion that the UK, I don't know about other parts of the world, are over populated with dogs and cats. many of which are not properly looked after, or under control, particularly dogs. You should have to have a licence, at least £100 to own a dog, and £50 for a cat, which must be neutered by law. Only licenced breeders should be permitted to breed these animals, and should be subject to frequent inspections, at their own expense. Unwanted animals, which can't be rehomed for whatever reason, should be humanely put down. It seems to me ridiculous keeping them in animal rescue sanctuaries for no good purpose.

If ownership of a dog or cat was expensive and licenced, maybe people would think twice before buying one, and realise they have to look after them in a responsible manner.
Congratulations, you're the third person to earn a place on my ignore list.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top