Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-01-2013, 12:46 PM

Are pets eating our valuable resources.(split from plague thread )

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
LOL OB Cut the benefits down.

Pets should not come into the equasion at all!

Good points made by most!
Pets certainly should come into the equation when you think how much the flipping things eat!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:16 PM

Re: Are pets eating our valuable resources.(split from plague thread )

Willow I get my dog food from a farm shop, it's made from left overs, unusable for human consumption, which are cooked by me with peelings and outer leaves of vegetables I'm having. My friends budgy eats seeds and cuttlefish bones, if you know someone who'd care to eat them instead, I would willingly share as would my friend. My dog comes from a rescue centre and was neutered before he was rehomed. You choose not to have a pet well that's fine but I WILL have a pet as long as I can care for one. I love him and I'm sure he loves me, both unconditionally.I did have 4 dogs (all rescues and all neutered at my expense) at the same time and amongst their diet was fresh salmon and turkey
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Willow I get my dog food from a farm shop, it's made from left overs, unusable for human consumption, which are cooked by me with peelings and outer leaves of vegetables I'm having. My friends budgy eats seeds and cuttlefish bones, if you know someone who'd care to eat them instead, I would willingly share as would my friend. My dog comes from a rescue centre and was neutered before he was rehomed. You choose not to have a pet well that's fine but I WILL have a pet as long as I can care for one. I love him and I'm sure he loves me, both unconditionally.I did have 4 dogs (all rescues and all neutered at my expense) at the same time and amongst their diet was fresh salmon and turkey
When you think what your animal eats don't you have any conscience at all about the starving in this world? Pets in the West eat a heck of a lot better than people in many poor countries. I am sickened when I see food in supermarkets aimed at pets these days. Pampered pets make me SICK as do their SICK owners, who are evil, imo.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:53 PM

I'm off out now to take the dog for a game of ball, I am sick but not in the way you mean, I can't walk far so I have a ball launcher so he gets lots of excercise. Just have to put his Christmas present on, a nice leather look flying jacket it keeps him lovely and cosy. I'll put his supper on when I come back chicken mince, carrot & sweet pot peelings and outer leaves of spring greens and a couple of pieces of Hovis seeded wholemeal bread.
I only had one child though so I should be in your good books there though.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:54 PM

Sick and evil pet owners?

COR.. Willow, you got out of the bed on the wrong side today
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Sick and evil pet owners?

COR.. Willow, you got out of the bed on the wrong side today
... and managed to distract and turn into trivia what was likely intended to be a thought provoking thread.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 03:49 PM

You are quite right aerolor.

How far we have strayed from the original topic, but I simply had to reply to the statement that pet owners are sick & evil.
What tosh.

I would be interested to know what Willow is doing to help the starving in the world
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 03:57 PM

Willow is on my ignore list as I have no interest in reading the rubbish she posts. However in previous threads she has made it clear what her attitude to pets is and it appalls and disgusts me. It was one of the main reasons for putting her as the sole member on my list. You will note from her profile that she has no friends. That says it all really.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
When you think what your animal eats don't you have any conscience at all about the starving in this world? Pets in the West eat a heck of a lot better than people in many poor countries. I am sickened when I see food in supermarkets aimed at pets these days. Pampered pets make me SICK as do their SICK owners, who are evil, imo.
I suppose I'm sick as well then, since our long haired cat gets brushed every day, regular check-ups at the vets and Gourmet food.

Well in that case I'll feed her scraps from last night's meal and let her fur get all tangled whilst she catches all sorts of diseases from lack of vaccinations.

Honestly, what are you on Willow?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Willow's opinions on pets and their effect on the planet and on starvation in third world countries are the daftest things I have ever seen written on any forum ever
Pet food is a by product of human consumption. I have no idea why she brands pet owners as sick and evil.
Pet owners are not responsible for starvation in third world countries and I would imagine lots of pet owners give to charities to support the starving.
Oh well there are are always those with off the wall ideas.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top