Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Women in frontline combat role

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21172033

Do you think woman should fight alongside men?

As women wish to have equality with men, it is only right they should take on a combat role too, imo.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Re: Women in frontline combat role

Yes I do. We wanted equal rights and, therefore, should be treated equally, if a soldier has to fight on the front line, then no reason why a woman shouldn't fight alongside him. Same goes for the police force.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21172033

Do you think woman should fight alongside men?

As women wish to have equality with men, it is only right they should take on a combat role too, imo.
As you say - women want equality..so they take this on...
I am bemused by equality, why do women want to be like men ! Things have changed and not for the better in some respects. Equal pay, for the same job - yes. But, the way its heading 'Respect' is becoming a thing of the past....
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Women shouldn't be treated differently just because they are women, as that debases them, imo. There isn't much blokes can do that we can't.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Depends on the woman - 'I do' want to be treated differently cos I'm a gal - not a guy.....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 05:22 PM

If I joined the forces I wouldn't expect or want to be treated differently from a man. In day to day life it's the same, I keep telling my friend off for holding the door open for me, usually cos he knows where we're going whilst I don't, so let him go in first as long as he doesn't slam the door in my face, and if I'm leaving or entering a shop regardless of sex if someone else is coming towards it I'll hold it open till they arrive. No I don't carry on holding it I'm not a doorman.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-01-2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Depends on the woman - 'I do' want to be treated differently cos I'm a gal - not a guy.....
Why would you want to be treated differently?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
If I joined the forces I wouldn't expect or want to be treated differently from a man. In day to day life it's the same, I keep telling my friend off for holding the door open for me, usually cos he knows where we're going whilst I don't, so let him go in first as long as he doesn't slam the door in my face, and if I'm leaving or entering a shop regardless of sex if someone else is coming towards it I'll hold it open till they arrive. No I don't carry on holding it I'm not a doorman.
There is nothing wrong in holding a door open for someone, but not if a man is only doing it for a female. I hold doors open for men and women. I think the only time my husband held a door open for me was when he was 17 and had first encountered 15 year old me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
I must be having a bad day today, I'm either like this -
Or, holding me head -
I mean...didn't we hold the door for someone years ago -
Or, did we only do it when bra burning took place !
Yes - if I joined the army or police, I would expect to be treated equally - maybe Pats drifted off into another realm, 'cos I'm a bit confused with this thread and meself
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Women shouldn't be treated differently just because they are women, as that debases them, imo. There isn't much blokes can do that we can't.
Is it a competition then - seems like a daft attitude to me,
just a personal opinion...how i feel about it. I like to be respected which is sadly lacking today, I dont wanna spend my time having an attitude about things, I'm as good as you - etc., daft....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top