Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 11:50 AM

Fake Scottish notes in circulation.

Home counties around London

Counterfeit Scottish
£10 and £20 notes
being circulated in Surrey.

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Re: Fake Scottish notes in circulation.

Oops! I didn't know that our notes were accepted down south! I remember being in London for a holiday and presented a £1 note and was charged a shilling!!

Hope the fraudsters who are circulating them are found!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 01:42 PM

There are fake £20 notes all over England. A month ago I paid my bill and the girl instantly said my £20 note was not Kosha. I was absolutely stunned as I had just come from the post office where I had received it ! I was in a state about it, she called the manager who took the £20 (she was going to give it back to me to take to the bank) so, in the blink of an eye, I lost £20 ! I asked how i could tell in future, she said the letters at the top - going across 'Bank of England' should be raised - not flat. NOW - I run my fingers across the lettering - if they feel flat, I then check the note with a pen that I purchased from Amazon at £3.50. I'll not be caught out again - if someone gives me a forgery, they can have it back !!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 07:02 AM

It's OK the solution is easy:

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top