Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 09:53 AM

Do you allow people to smoke in your home?

This applies to non-smokers. No one has ever been permitted to smoke in our home, it is an activity we abhore, and of course passive smoking can harm non-smokers. A guest once had the temerity to light up without asking first, my husband threw him out. Fortunately none of our children, friends or extended family smoke, and very few of our acquaintances do either, so the smoking ban is rarely needed to be enforced.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 10:02 AM

Re: Do you allow people to smoke in your home?

It's hard to believe that anyone these days would light up in someone's house without asking, particularly in a non-smoker's. You would certainly have to be pretty insensitive...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 10:06 AM

Absolutely not!!! - not because its socially unacceptable, (although it is), because I'm a chronic asthmatic and smoke and pollution are my 'triggers', then no-one smokes anywhere near me.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 10:06 AM

No way would I allow it ,and I have never been in a position to tell guests otherwise .I absolutely abhor the smell that surrounds smokers .Personally I don`t think regular smokers realise how much it stinks .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 10:12 AM

No I dont let anyone in the house smoke. All my family and friends know this but only about one of my family now still smokes. Everyone seems to have never started or stopped.
I used to have a friend who smoked about 80 a day and in the end I had to let the friendship go. Walking towards them you could smell the smoke on their clothes. I once went on holiday with them. All my clothes in the wardrobe stank and I came home feeling really ill and as if I personally had smoked a thousand cigarettes.
I am afraid sometimes you have to make a point.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 10:16 AM

Even I didn't smoke in my own home when I was a smoker. Any guest who smokes goes outside without having to be asked, most people know that it's not acceptable these days.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 10:20 AM

As the activity is so dangerous, not only to the smoker, but the non-smoker too, especially if they are children I think it should be illegal to smoke in the home if you have kids. My daughter's in-laws were smokers, and smoked in the home when their son was young. They were mortified when the doctor told them their son's frequent chest infections were most likely down to their smoking. They gave up immediately, and his chest problems were soon a thing of the past.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 10:37 AM

My Dad smoked and it never did my Mum or brother or me any harm. I smoked and it never did me any harm. I only stopped because cigs got too expensive!

I don't mind if my friends, who still smoke, wish to smoke; however, I ask them to smoke in one of my other rooms, or out on the veranda - not for my "safety" but for my parrots and Loki!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 11:39 AM

You are in the minority if it did you no harm!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 11:47 AM

No.
but they can leave their shoes on.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top