Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mark6262
New Member!
Derbyshire Dales
Mark6262 is male 

02-02-2013, 01:11 PM

Re: Do you allow people to smoke in your home?

No way
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
You are in the minority if it did you no harm!
Och Willow of course I'm not! In fact, most of my friends smoked, some still do! I know lots of folk who smoke and they are all well Smoking never killed my Dad, or my brother who, like me, were heavy smokers (I smoked 60-70 cigs per day), I never took a cough, or cold during the years I smoked (I pinched my Dad's ciggies at 3 years old and smoked them). I say drink is more harmful to the body than smoking!

I took more coughs and cold when I stopped smoking It was untipped cigs I smoked - Senior Service and when out on a date, I smoked Passing Cloud or More!!
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 02:03 PM

My son smokes in his room. I wish he would pack up. If visitors came and they were smokers I would allow them to smoke in the lounge. I can remember when I smoked 60+ a day more than 11 years ago. Friends know I do not smoke so it is up to them to try to curb the amount they smoke while visiting me. If they are true friends they will keep it to a minimum.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Are you 'miss perfect' Willow....?
Its no big deal is it - simply ask your guest to smoke outside as you are non smokers, to throw someone out, is ridiculous!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Are you 'miss perfect' Willow....?
Its no big deal is it - simply ask your guest to smoke outside as you are non smokers, to throw someone out, is ridiculous!
Why? If someone was rude enough to light up, without by your leave in our home, we wouldn't wish to have anything to do with them! Smoking is a disgusting habit!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 04:34 PM

To you - smoking is revolting, lots of things are revolting to me too...
Sometimes we lapse in life, a moment of stupidity - forgetfulness, maybe this person was an arrogant pig - and deserved to be thrown out - only you know that, but if, he's otherwise a nice guy - a bit harsh - dont you think...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-02-2013, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Och Willow of course I'm not! In fact, most of my friends smoked, some still do! I know lots of folk who smoke and they are all well Smoking never killed my Dad, or my brother who, like me, were heavy smokers (I smoked 60-70 cigs per day), I never took a cough, or cold during the years I smoked (I pinched my Dad's ciggies at 3 years old and smoked them). I say drink is more harmful to the body than smoking!

I took more coughs and cold when I stopped smoking It was untipped cigs I smoked - Senior Service and when out on a date, I smoked Passing Cloud or More!!
If you look at the statistics smokers usually die younger than those who don't smoke!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 08:57 PM

No. I would not allow anyone to smoke in my home.
You can always tell a smoker by the way they smell and I don't want my home to smell like that, not even for a day.
Before the ban, if we went to a pub or restaurant, I had to wash every item of clothing because I could not put anything back into the wardrobes smelling so bad.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2013, 07:54 AM

Smoking is now anti-social and disgusting but fortunately we have never had the problem of people smoking in our home, if someone did light up without asking, I would politely tell them it is a non smoking area and if they wished to smoke would they mind doing it outside.

To throw them out is plain ignorant and I would never visit those people again.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2013, 09:02 AM

So nobody can have an opinion but you Mollie? I`m sure we have all read your views on the subject ,but that doesn`t mean we have to AGREE with them .

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top