Join for free
Telescopic
Eastbourne uk
Telescopic is male  Telescopic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 09:11 PM

Greed

My father died on the 2/5/1993 aged 58 of a heart attack while he slept .i got a phone call the day after my b.day 9/5/1993. It took a week for my mother to find me . We both went to the funeral in birmingham as that is where he lived most of his life . My mum and dad split up when i was six years of age . So i was put in to care with my uncle aunt two kids and one on the way . That was five years i never want to remember . Mum and dad were still married she never allowed him to divorce her clever woman .dad never made a will so mum got the lot . She sold the house to the neighbour next door for a quick sale .i was always told by my dad he would leave house to me as i was his only son .she kept the lot and i never saw a penny . She died a lonely women with nothing
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 09:24 PM

Re: Greed

There's a lot of it about, James. But you don't expect it from your own Mother. Well yes you do 'cos mine was just the same.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 11:21 PM

How sad. Perhaps the money didn't do her any good then!

Must have been hard for you as a child and then as a grown up.

Take care.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

13-02-2013, 01:15 PM

My Father set up a Trust, and my Mother only had life enjoyment of his money. The apartment in which she lived belongs to my sisters and myself. Mother never lacked for anything, we made sure of that, but my Father rightly thought that Mother wouldn't be able to manage the substantial amount he had to leave, having had a successful business.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 02:46 PM

Hi James I have learn't it is best to just let these things go, don't brood on them or let them make you bitter.

Three times in my life I have been denied what was my due but I look at it this way, everything I own came to me as a result of my own efforts not those of someone else.

I don't have a lot by the standards of many but probably because of this I appreciate the things I do have and small luxuries are look forward to .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top