Join for free
Page 14 of 129 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:28 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Welcome to the club Sabrena.
Hopefully our little club will have more than one meet up. If you're planning one in the next few weeks I won't be able to come but there's always the next time - and I STILL want to go on the big wheel...
Obviously this is a Manchester group so I'm a bit on the outside being in Derbyshire but it's no problem getting there - I plan a trip on the train - hopefully with Eliza who's over the border from me in Notts.

Go ahead with your meet if you want one in the next few weeks. I'll catch you all at the next one.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:49 PM

Hi Carol ... of course you are part of our group area as is everyone else who can get to Manchester (or wherever) easily enough and hopefully "our" group will have a meet up as often as possible in the future.

We have not/are not arranging anything really soon ... I've got nanna duty coming up in the school holidays so that restricts my gadding about somewhat but obviously if those who are available want to do something there's always next time for me and you

Sabrina .... I am guessing where you live starts with H and ends in Y
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 11:01 PM

Just out of curiosity - who knows who in our group?

Eliza is the only one I know. We met on another forum and have had a few real life meetings. We've got tickets to go with each other to Nottingham arena in December to see Status Quo... I can't wait!

I don't know anybody else here in person but it's nice getting to know you all on the forum and I'm sure we'll meet one day.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 11:12 PM

Hello and good evening.

Well I know Myrtle and she knows me!!! It would be good to meet up with others too. Maybe a date sometime in September? My best days are Thursday or Friday.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 11:14 PM

Hi Carol .... well I joined OFF a year ago as a total "novice" ... found the forum by chance and had no idea such things existed.

I didn't know anyone on here but a member called Valice (who does sequence dancing as I do) and Cheshire Cat (because I asked her where in Cheshire she was) were particularly nice and very helpful towards me so they became my "friends".

CC and I decided to meet up for the first time late last year as we live about 5 miles apart and since then we have met for lunch/coffee about every 6 weeks or so and we have been to Manchester together to see Vincent and Flavia, another time for afternoon tea (because I had this as a gift for Xmas from my son) and we've been to the cinema once.

Valice has since "defected" to another forum but pops in now and again but because of our mutual interest in dancing I keep in touch with her by email and a couple of months ago I surprised her by going over to the Wirral to attend one of the dances she runs so it was nice to meet her - think it will be a one off because of the distance.

That's it ! I'm Billy No Mates
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

27-07-2014, 11:16 PM

CC jumped in while I was typing .... same here .... September onwards but only Friday for me

Edit : perhaps we could do a Saturday ?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
CC jumped in while I was typing .... same here .... September onwards but only Friday for me

Edit : perhaps we could do a Saturday ?
Yes, that sounds good, can do Sats and Suns too.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

27-07-2014, 11:26 PM

Oooo.... that's good
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

27-07-2014, 11:29 PM

I won't be getting my plaster off until the beginning of September so late in the month would be better for me because I'd like to get some spring back in my step.
I'll come on the bus or train - I'm a rubbish driver and would only get lost if I attempted to drive there. I'll see what's best for Eliza too as we plan on coming together...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

27-07-2014, 11:36 PM

Wow ... this is sounding promising ... and yes it is better to travel to Manchester by train (it takes me about 30 mins on the train but one and a half hours by bus !! and about the same for CC).

The bus would take forever for you as well Carol and also Eliza so train is better even though we have to pay

So we'll pencil in September some time and then decide on a day to suit everyone.

COME ON EVERYONE ... PUT YOUR NAME DOWN

Page 14 of 129 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top