Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:42 AM

Re: Bosch/Dyson Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Yes I press and hold the button for on, release for off!
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:21 AM

We have and use a Numatic Henry, best vac we have ever had
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I opened the box, saw that it looked like new, just touched it (honestly, officer) and it went off (well, came on, actually) .....
You touched that red thing, didn't you? Come on, admit it.

That's what we call the 'trigger'.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:23 PM

For Realist:
I have had my Dyson upright for over 18 years now. Still works perfectly and the suction has never diminished. It is a bit heavy, but I can put up with that.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 02:51 PM

First question:

Is it OK to rest the handheld unit on its' base for charging?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 03:05 PM

First question:

Is it OK to rest the handheld unit on its' base for charging?
Of course, providing it is connected to the charging unit. This is usually mounted on the wall, of course, but I see no reason not to extract the cable from the mounting unit and plug that into the handheld unit.

That's what we do with our older handheld unit, which didn't come with an extension wand.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of course, providing it is connected to the charging unit. This is usually mounted on the wall, of course, but I see no reason not to extract the cable from the mounting unit and plug that into the handheld unit.

That's what we do with our older handheld unit, which didn't come with an extension wand.
The mounting unit and cable are separate but I just thought I'd check .....

Thanks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-05-2018, 03:18 PM

The mounting unit and cable are separate but I just thought I'd check .....

Thanks
Yes, now you mention it, I had to thread the cable through the vertical mounting unit.

Just one other thing: remember to rinse the filter once a month. I sometimes forget but, to be honest, it doesn't make any difference.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

15-05-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, now you mention it, I had to thread the cable through the vertical mounting unit.

Just one other thing: remember to rinse the filter once a month. I sometimes forget but, to be honest, it doesn't make any difference.
I'll put that task on my monthly list along with washing machine, shaver, iron, etc. - some get done, some don't .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

17-05-2018, 02:04 PM

Second question:

I've just vac'd my landing and now run out of power but when I put the unit on charge the indicator turns orange .....

Do I need to let the handheld unit cool down .....

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top