Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 11:54 AM

Don't Jump!

Recently I've had a few problems that have really screwed me up which has put a "damper" on my status as "almost back" in the world.

To cut a long story short, I was the victim of a stalker.

This woman seemed nice online and friendly - I had no idea what she'd get up to when, quite suddenly she said she'd "fallen for me" and that's when everything kicked off.

She would send me message after message after message online but, like a fool, I'd given her my mobile number and she started texting me, some days 10 to 20 times a day, all hours of the day and night.

I had a friend rushed into hospital so I asked her, begged her to stop but she kept on, ignoring my plea until something snapped and my wife and I ended up having a blazing row - the last thing I need at the moment.

Anyway, on Tuesday I went for a long walk to try to calm down, even though the texts were still coming in thick and fast and I went to a local lake to walk right around to wear myself out if possible because I'd hardly slept.

About 2-and-a-half hours later I was on the road bridge overlooking the lake, watching a swan family when I heard "Everything alright sir?" behind me.

It was a policeman and another was on my right, about 10 feet away.

I'd swear I'd only been there minutes but they said they'd had a report that I had looked "disturbed & confused" and had been there "a while".

They thought i was a jumper!

The water's about 6 feet deep under there and it's about 20 feet from the bridge parapet - if I wanted to end it all I'd have checked-out a better location wouldn't I?!

I lost my rag a bit which then prompted them to close in on me and they said they wanted to take me to get "checked-out".

After several minutes by the road, I managed to convince them I was OK and they took my name and address and said they'd be back to check on me in an hour.

Seconds after they left my mobile went off again and I sent off an angry "go-away" message only to realise it was a friend after I'd sent it!

I told my wife about this when I got home - she thought it was hilarious so we're OK again - one good thing I s'pose!
.................................................. ......
4 days to go before my switch-on!!

Went into work again visiting yesterday, told them all about the police - they all laughed too.

So did I in the end! stevmk2 :
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 11:59 AM

Re: Don't Jump!

I have been stalked by my ex husband for 10 years. Edited my ex husbands name out but at least he had some exposure.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Sorry to read both your posts , it must be just awful for you .
I send you both a hug.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:05 PM

Steve if that had happened to me ,I would have changed my phone , plus why didnt you tell the Police what was bothering you .
Just a visit from them would have made her stop ,Stalking is an offence.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:11 PM

Glad you can see the funny side now but stalking is a crime report it is best way to deal with it.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Steve if that had happened to me ,I would have changed my phone , plus why didnt you tell the Police what was bothering you .
Just a visit from them would have made her stop ,Stalking is an offence.
I had no address for her Eliza and she kept changing mobiles.

Besides, if I'd told them all that they would have carted me off with one of those neat, tie-up jackets! stevmk2
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:50 PM

I'm not sure they would have carted you off Steve.
They'd probably believe you. Stalking's becoming a real problem these days especially with the accessibility of online
friendship sites.
My own brother almost got himself into a fix. He's a little naïve and when he told me one day he was exchanging regular e-mails with a woman and she'd started asking him to use his webcam so he could see her naked .. and could she see him I had to give him a stern talking to.
Worst thing was he had to ask me what I'd do He didn't seem to be at all aware of where it could have led.

If she keeps it up .. tell the police.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:50 PM

Block the number.....report her to the provider....tell her a fib and claim all text messages will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.

I remember when having a stalker was a status symbol.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:12 PM

I had a problem with a cold caller from a phone company that I was thinking of going back to, he got suggestive, the police sorted him out straight away, traced him through his number and the company, he was working from his home. They sent someone round to his house immediately.
If she continues Steve, keep any texts or phone messages and show the police.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:18 PM

That must have felt spooky and a bit frightening Tess.
The only few bothersome calls I ever had were from my next door neighbour trying to disguise his voice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top