Join for free
Page 13 of 22 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 11:21 AM

Re: Chilcot Report

The HOC was bi-passed then by Blair, and now by Cameron. In both cases a very bad move for this country:

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4New...5713042839972/
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Look at France' history in Muslim countries.
It's bloody war in Algeria for example.
It's use of economic and her military to intervene in Africa and the near-east to protect her national interests.
France doesn't have a good track record in Africa.

Then there was the emergence of the far right National Front.

And so on.
Then you also have to look at France's actions in Indo-china post WW2 and the debacle of Dien Bien Phu.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
The HOC was bi-passed then by Blair, and now by Cameron. In both cases a very bad move for this country:

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4New...5713042839972/
A succinct summary of the real state of affairs from the late Robin Cook:

“Ironically, it is only because Iraq’s military forces are so weak that we can even contemplate its invasion. Some advocates of conflict claim that Saddam’s forces are so weak, so demoralised and so badly equipped that the war will be over in a few days.

“We cannot base our military strategy on the assumption that Saddam is weak and at the same time justify pre-emptive action on the claim that he is a threat.

“Iraq probably has no weapons of mass destruction in the commonly understood sense of the term—namely a credible device capable of being delivered against a strategic city target. It probably still has biological toxins and battlefield chemical munitions, but it has had them since the 1980s when US companies sold Saddam anthrax agents and the then British Government approved chemical and munitions factories.

“Why is it now so urgent that we should take military action to disarm a military capacity that has been there for 20 years, and which we helped to create? Why is it necessary to resort to war this week, while Saddam’s ambition to complete his weapons programme is blocked by the presence of UN inspectors?”
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
A succinct summary of the real state of affairs from the late Robin Cook:

One tiny candle of sanity in a sea of naked aggression.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
One tiny candle of sanity in a sea of naked aggression.
What's that excessively flowery language mean?
Is it a euphemism for a poorly endowed man feeling left out at a rampant sadomasochistic sex orgy.

Don't mind me. I'm trying to be good .. failing .. and losing it.

Everyone back to politics .... now.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
Yes! He lied!

I want to know why David Kelly committed suicide - or not, as the case may be!
My thoughts too. stevmk2
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
My thoughts too. stevmk2
My particular theory at the time was that he made a hash of on purpose, to create as much stink as possible.

A hero IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
What's that excessively flowery language mean?
Is it a euphemism for a poorly endowed man feeling left out at a rampant sadomasochistic sex orgy.

Don't mind me. I'm trying to be good .. failing .. and losing it.

Everyone back to politics .... now.
Oi! Sadomasochistic sex orgies are off-topic. You'll find yourself back in the Trash Can! I'm telling you!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oi! Sadomasochistic sex orgies are off-topic. You'll find yourself back in the Trash Can! I'm telling you!
Tell me about it JBR.
That girl just won't listen you know.

PS.
Pssstttt.
Forget about the Chilcot report.
Please tell me where the Sadomasochistic sex orgies are going on.
I want some!
Morti is leading me astray.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
All our leaders, those that have taken us to war, are probably guilty of 'war crimes' if we are willing to dig deep enough.

Should they all be prosecuted?
Is it in our countries best interest to prosecute Bliar?
Does it open us up to further attacks by those that will use it to justify their bloodlust?

Some thing are just best left alone, imho.
Of course leaders make mistakes the generals in the battles of the some sent 40000 + men to certain death.
He was a leader but he was not infallible.
There were plenty who agreed why did'nt they press the doubtful questions at the time?

Page 13 of 22 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top