Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 02:02 PM

Re: Cochlear Implant

All the best Steve.
Finger's crossed for you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 02:08 PM

A big day for you tomorrow Steve, I hope it brings a smile for you .... good luck!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 02:16 PM

Good luck Steve, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and waiting for the good news!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 03:04 PM

Good luck for tomorrow Steve. Sorry I missed the 'op' day.

Hope all goes well.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 05:19 PM

All good wishes for tomorrow, stevmk2. Exciting!
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 05:26 PM

wishing you all the best Steve
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 06:38 PM

Thank You Everyone!

I have so many people I have to tell it'll take a long while now!

I've got two new friends who both have implants too - that'll help me a lot but they're both such nice ladies too. stevmk2
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 09:59 PM

Not long now Steve...all the best for tomorrow's switch on
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 10:36 PM

Very best wishes for tomorrow, I´m sure everything will be just fine.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 03:02 PM

Well I’m back from Oxford, complete with my sound processor, batteries and all sorts of stuff that I’ll been shown how to deal with over time.

Once Christiane had got it all set up she turned it on and set the volume levels – it was odd hearing sounds so clearly in that ear again!

When she switched me fully on, I could hear high-pitched beeps and, at first I was disappointed but I was still lip reading and I’m pretty good these days and I realised the beeps synchronised with Christiane’s lip movements so I concentrated on that, and started to understand that the “beeps” were actually her voice saying the words!

Then I realised that the other strange beeps I heard in between were me – got the giggles then; I sounded like Daffy Duck!

After ten minutes I understood every word, although I was still lip reading too but, later, in Speech Therapy, I had to identify what was said to me with the lips concealed – I could still understand 90% of it, which was amazing to me as, usually, lips covered to me means the volume goes down dramatically – that’s what my brain does.

It’s not a conscious thing, I just do it but now I’m over-riding that – already!

I’m still only on basic setting but over this week my target is to get up to level 3 and at this rate I’ll do it easily.

Everyone there said they were astounded that I deciphered it so quickly – even the surgeon, who we bumped into on the way out.

The look on his face when I answered him was a picture!

“You can hear me already?!” he said!!

I’ve got exercises to do and lots of therapy to get through over the coming months but if this is just the basic level I’m already hearing far better than I was – and I don’t have my aid in the other ear so I’m just on the Implant only – it’s incredible!!
Gotta get on telling everyone else now! stevmk2

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top