Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 07:23 AM

Re: Cochlear Implant

Very good news Steve....you have struggled with his condition for too long, I am very glad that the worst is over for you and the brighter days lie ahead
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 07:55 AM

Isn't technology wonderful . Great news Steve
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 01:58 PM

I'm so pleased everything is going well for you, Steve.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Steve only you can truly understand the advantage of your implant, but for those who know you, we can certainly see the change it is making to your life. I told you that you would make it and it is certainly looking like you have. Well done
Yes, I know Twink but at the time I dodn't think it would make quite so much difference. stevmk2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Yes, I know Twink but at the time I dodn't think it would make quite so much difference. stevmk2
I think I did and I suspect it isn't just your hearing that has improved. I am really pleased for you.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think I did and I suspect it isn't just your hearing that has improved. I am really pleased for you.
I wish but No, nothing else's changed Twink.

In fact, it's been worse lately and I've had all sorts of other problems.

Hopefully that's all behind me now but I've given up trying to get friends - there's some really disturbed people out there! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

24-07-2016, 09:35 AM

I forgot to mention, I'm doing so well with my implant now and the next tuning / adjustments appointment is tomorrow.

I'm on a higher volume now and a lot of frequencies have been "tweaked" to help me adjust.

I heard a mystery noise this morning and spent about 3 minutes trying to work out what it was.

It turned out to be the clock on the wall ticking!

I've not heard a clock since 2008!

I'm trying not to lip read too much because I need to concentrate more on hearing things but it is so hard now because my lip reading was so important and I am so good at it.

I need to retain it at that level too because in noisy situations it helps me so I don't get excluded or feel as if I am - I can hear but lip-reading helps too.

My speech therapy exercises though demand I DO NOT lip read because I am relearning to hear and what I hear is actually electronic beeps and clicks etc. which my brain now translates as speech and background noise!

If you can imagine a Dalek-type of voice, but an octave higher, THAT'S what I actually "hear"!!

My brain does the rest and has been doing so since I was turned-on!

I'm a celeb at the hospital now!

I was on my way out last week when my surgeon was coming through with an important-looking visitor and excitedly introduced him too me.

I still can't believe it only took me about 10 minutes and they can't either but I've always had a knack for languages so perhaps that's why! stevmk2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Steve, having read your 2 last posts I can sense that you are feeling much happier, and as for making new friends, you will do that over time with people you meet... so no need to look for them now.
You seem to have achieved a lot since the implant so just keep doing what they say. Well done.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 10:13 AM

More good news for you and I think we are all delighted to hear it.
Life will continue to get better for you....it's a state of mind, which I am sure you know.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2016, 12:39 PM

So what's the latest news Steve ?

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top