Join for free
Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 06:04 PM

Re: Poor Arthur

I’m holding it together - just

When I saw him earlier all I could say to Danni the vet was don’t let him not come home. He really is that poorly.

He’s on a drip of antibiotics and is on pain relief. His eyes we will worry about after he gets through this. We and the vet think his eyes get bad because we are on farm land and the grasss is high and slapping into him all the time
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 06:05 PM

Missy one of my friend's Salukis had pancreatitis many years ago. he was so poorly that Liverpool University Vets looked after him... but he did get better!
That must be 30 years ago now, and treatments will have improved since then , so please don't give up hope!

We are all hoping Arthur will get better, so lets hope that numbers improve the outcome and send him a group hug.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
missy one of my friend's salukis had pancreatitis many years ago. He was so poorly that liverpool university vets looked after him... But he did get better!
That must be 30 years ago now, and treatments will have improved since then , so please don't give up hope!

we are all hoping arthur will get better, so lets hope that numbers improve the outcome and send him a group hug.:grouphug:
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I’m holding it together - just

When I saw him earlier all I could say to Danni the vet was don’t let him not come home. He really is that poorly.

He’s on a drip of antibiotics and is on pain relief. His eyes we will worry about after he gets through this. We and the vet think his eyes get bad because we are on farm land and the grasss is high and slapping into him all the time
Sorry to hear that Missy but from what others are saying don’t give up hope!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:30 PM

Missy, my cat had tri-pancreatitis when she was 6 years old, that was a triple inflammation of the pancreas, liver and intestines.

She was hospitalized for just over week and treated with pain control, fluid therapy and dietary management. Initially she had a feeding tube.

We were allowed to go to the Vet Hospital when we wanted to try to encourage her to eat very small pieces of chicken. I remember now the first time she was able to pull herself over from the back of her pen to see us, it was then I knew she was going to be alright.

Like you, I was very worried as she was so ill and at 6 she was still young ... but my lovely Cassie eventually pulled through and we were able to take her home with her medications to care for her. It was a few months before she was back to her usual self but the important thing was she made it and we were fortunate enough to have her until she was 20 years old.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Arthur will come through this too. x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:53 PM

Does anyone know what causes it or is it just something they can get for no reason?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does anyone know what causes it or is it just something they can get for no reason?
Have a look at this link LD, it will help you understand pancreatitis .....

https://www.cat-world.com.au/pancreatitis-in-cats.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-07-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Have a look at this link LD, it will help you understand pancreatitis .....

https://www.cat-world.com.au/pancreatitis-in-cats.html
Thanks Mags. An interesting read but not pleasant.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-07-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Mags. An interesting read but not pleasant.
No it's not pleasant LD, it's awful when you see your cat so ill.
Cassie's illness was about 15 years ago so I'm hoping the treatment today has progressed in that time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-07-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No it's not pleasant LD, it's awful when you see your cat so ill.
Cassie's illness was about 15 years ago so I'm hoping the treatment today has progressed in that time.
The worst thing about all animals is that they can't tell us how they are feeling.

Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top