Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:11 AM

Re: To Whom it may Concern - Please don't Spoil Our Site .

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Hello Robert - what does your post mean .....
It means an appropriate or wise word delivered at an appropriate time.
In season , in fact.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Although I wouldn't join in with that type of humour, it's up to others if they find it amusing and as long as it doesn't affect me and others who will only read it if they go looking for it, I'm not going to start finger-pointing and telling them what they can and cannot discuss; it's a public forum isn't it?
'Nipping it in the bud' - before it gets out of hand, isn't to be sniffed at either.... If this site was full of it - as some sites are ... there would be fewer members....
I think we have a 'so called' adult section - so threads should go there surely ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
It means an appropriate or wise word delivered at an appropriate time.
In season , in fact.
O'h .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Some so-called "adult humour" can be funny. I find "Mrs Brown's Boys" hilarious. It depends how it's put over..........but I digress !
It is how it's put over, I quite agree Alan. I laughed my head off at the film The Full Monty and so did my daughter - my son and husband hated it and didn't think it was funny at all (odd people ).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:14 AM

'Nipping it in the bud' - before it gets out of hand, isn't to be sniffed at either.... If this site was full of it - as some sites are ... there would be fewer members....
I think we have a 'so called' adult section - so threads should go there surely ....
Which is what I suggested to begin with. I agree it would ruin the site and action has been taken and the thread is locked - I just don't feel comfortable telling people they can only laugh at what I find funny - we all have different tastes and as long as it doesn't descend to the depths of depravity, I tend not to have to big a problem with it as long as it is hidden away somewhere and not accidentally stumbled upon!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Some so-called "adult humour" can be funny. I find "Mrs Brown's Boys" hilarious. It depends how it's put over..........but I digress !
That's an interesting observation Alan. We have banned it on the grounds of his/her foul mouth.
His/her relentless and frequent use of the F word is not something I feel comfortable with.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
That's an interesting observation Alan. We have banned it on the grounds of his/her foul mouth.
His/her relentless and frequent use of the F word is not something I feel comfortable with.
Who's been using the F word
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2013, 10:26 AM

Which is what I suggested to begin with. I agree it would ruin the site and action has been taken and the thread is locked - I just don't feel comfortable telling people they can only laugh at what I find funny - we all have different tastes and as long as it doesn't descend to the depths of depravity, I tend not to have to big a problem with it as long as it is hidden away somewhere and not accidentally stumbled upon!
Thats exactly it - have a section for it- those that want to view it can - for others, we dont have to be bothered with it ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Who's been using the F word
That would be finger pointing .......
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Thats exactly it - have a section for it- those that want to view it can - for others, we dont have to be bothered with it ....
Exactly, couldn't agree more with you.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top