Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 07:24 AM

Re: Ancestry dna

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm a bit suspect, I read how an American TV show anonymously submitted samples to one of these testing companies from identical triplets and their results were all totally different. How do you know they actually test the sample you give and don't just make it up?
That's just it, we have no choice but to put our future, into the hands of the unknown, some, choose to put their past there also.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm a bit suspect, I read how an American TV show anonymously submitted samples to one of these testing companies from identical triplets and their results were all totally different. How do you know they actually test the sample you give and don't just make it up?
Hi

I completely agree summer.

DNA is very accurate when done properly, it often isn't and even the best labs can make mistakes or the sample can be contaminated.

I blame the TV Programmes, CSI and the like, it is not instantaneous and it is not 100% accurate.

Home test kits are rubbish, you need to be fully masked up to get an uncontaminated sample and a very sophisticated lab to get a proper result.

That is why DNA teats used by Enforcement Agencies take ages to do and are very expensive.

Even then, they can be wrong.

The present situation regarding the Grenfell Fire really annoys me.

Labour Politicians, in particular David Lammy, are demanding instant answers and blaming those who are desperately trying to sort the mess out.

This is so, so, wrong.

People huddle together in fires, sorting out all the bits is a horrendous job.

Getting it right is the important thing.

The politicians and others claiming cover ups about the number of deaths?

I would personally put them in a suit and send them in to do the job.

That would shut them up.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 10:38 AM

I get enough headaches from the family I know I have I wouldn't want any more of them coming out of the woodwork!

I know a lot of family history from my daughter and niece doing family tree reserch so thats enough for me plus I feel happy in myself I am what I am and stuff anyone who doesnt like it.
I can imagine if you dont know your family or are somehow unhappy with yourself that you might feel the need to know.

But as has been mentioned not all the reunions are like surprise surprise.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 11:18 AM

Just received my DNA test kit. Will do it later today and post it back. Can't wait to hear results.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Update. My DNA kit has reached the lab and is being analysed. Can't wait to see results.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:49 AM

I'm excited for you flower

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top