Join for free
Page 46 of 370 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:16 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I walked today, twice.

My step counter has a heart monitor with an alarm built in, it vibrates against my wrist.

It is so much better getting out of the house, seeing the birds, saying hello to people.

My last walk today was 220 metres, absolutely knackered, but so happy.
Good on ya' Swim......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 12:59 PM

Due to family bereavement, plus both my wife's and my car packing up and some sheer bad luck causing mild depression I put my exercise regime on hold for almost two months. That is probably the longest span in over thirty years that I haven't been training. I put weight on mostly around the belly, though gained some excess flab around other areas too.

Luckily I've largely sorted this problem out with some very intensive training, mainly with weights, over the past couple of weeks and my weight is stabilising again. I've also put on some lean muscle.

It's always difficult to gauge muscle vs. fat, but at the end of the day I think it's how one feels within themselves coupled with how the clothes fit and a simple visual check that determines our self-esteem and how happy we are with our health and how our bodies look. A correct diet is key to all of this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 01:23 PM

Hi

I have a new toy, a step counter combined with a heart rate monitor.

Absolutely brilliant thing, gives me loads of encouragement but stops me overdoing things.

Walking also makes me feel better mentally, getting out of the house is great, makes you feel as though you are on the mend.
SusyQ
U.S.
SusyQ is female 

09-03-2017, 01:34 PM

Well, I try to do some cardio as often as I can(walk fast pace) 45 min to an hour and then some weight lifting for bone and muscle strength. I'd love to walk my dog but he doesn't seem to get it yet lol.I go to put the leash on him and he just sits there lol. He won't get up..move ..or budge it cracks me up!...hes like..whatever this is I don't get it yet lady.. so have fun I'll be here when you get back. haha
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 07:55 PM

Hi

Well today, according to my monitor, I have done 1558 steps.

An amazing improvement.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 08:05 PM

Hi

An amazing improvement.
Well done, Swimfeeders. It just shows that aiming for goals and bettering yourself can keep you active - and even wanting to beat your previous score.
adwlp57
New Member!
MD USA
adwlp57 is female 

15-03-2017, 01:02 AM

Hello!
I finally got tired of my weight gain about a year ago and buckled down and lost 20#. Have about 10-15 to go ideally but not sure if I will get to 15...
I actually joined a local club and twice/week I take a
Body Pump class, and yes I am quite sure that I am one of, if not the oldest person in the class, but I don't care much.
I am only there for 30 minutes because I take it during my lunchtime but it is great!
I then do my own personal workout at home.
Diligence is the key! Even when I don't feel like it!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 04:50 PM

Hi

An amazing improvement.
Yayyyyyy

Well done from me too
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 04:51 PM

Well, I have had at least 6 months off running owing to a knee injury. Seems nature is still on my side with the knee showing much improvement as of late.

I've tried 2 jogs in the last week but blimey I suffered. First jog was only 3 miles but after the first I was really struggling - struggling to the extent I had to stop and walk a few times. When I eventually finished my chest and throat were quite sore. 2nd run I managed 5 miles but again I had to stop and start a fair bit. Today I intend to try to jog 5 miles again but I won't be disappointed if I don't show any improvement as I haven't stuck to my diet so I might well be carrying some extra weight.

It is like I have never run before. At least I have the experience to know I should improve quite quickly - I hope!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well, I have had at least 6 months off running owing to a knee injury. Seems nature is still on my side with the knee showing much improvement as of late.

I've tried 2 jogs in the last week but blimey I suffered. First jog was only 3 miles but after the first I was really struggling - struggling to the extent I had to stop and walk a few times. When I eventually finished my chest and throat were quite sore. 2nd run I managed 5 miles but again I had to stop and start a fair bit. Today I intend to try to jog 5 miles again but I won't be disappointed if I don't show any improvement as I haven't stuck to my diet so I might well be carrying some extra weight.

It is like I have never run before. At least I have the experience to know I should improve quite quickly - I hope!
Goforrit then but please do not overdo it.
Err on the side of caution innit

Page 46 of 370 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top