Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:17 PM

Nephritis

Sixty years ago almost to the day my brother who was seven years older than I, died from kidney failure for which all those years ago there was very little treatment. Very soon after he died his wife of only twelve months gave birth to a daughter. Several years later this lovely girl, my niece, was diagnosed with kidney failure. After years of treatment a kidney donor was found and after a successful operation she now enjoys reasonably good health. A happy ending? Not really. Two of her three children were diagnosed with kidney failure recently. Her daughter, who incidentally now has kids of her own,..twins in fact, was admitted into hospital on Sunday and was given a new kidney. Her son, who also has very young kids, has only 19% kidney operation. We are waiting for yet another donor. Of course we are all now very concerned for their young children and what the future holds for them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:28 PM

Re: Nephritis

EZ I am sorry to hear that members of your family have such a horrible condition. I wish them well.

My neighbour lost her husband with ADPKD .He had a kidney transplant which lasted about 15 years. I understand her two children now young adults had a 50% chance of inheriting the condition, they have both tested positive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 11:20 PM

That is awflul EZ. That poor family. I'm so sorry for you all.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:34 AM

How awful to have to live with such a terrible thing, I am so sorry and hope that a kidney will be found for the young man.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:12 AM

Just terrible for you and the family - hope all will be resolved soon
And, hope you are keeping well too x
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 12:32 PM

Ez, so sorry to read your posting, what a terrible time for you all.
You will be concerned of that I am sure, I hope the future bodes better for the younger ones.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:45 PM

Thank you all for your kind comments. It rather puts things into perspective. Here's me moaning on about my giddiness problem when so many friends and family have real health worries.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-08-2015, 08:19 AM

Karen came home yesterday after only one week since the new kidney. She is feeling fine but tired. It's nice that her Mum is able to tell her what to expect. The kidney is apparently "Waking up".
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Karen came home yesterday after only one week since the new kidney. She is feeling fine but tired. It's nice that her Mum is able to tell her what to expect. The kidney is apparently "Waking up".
That's good news Ezy I wish Karen a speedy recovery...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2015, 07:51 PM

A sad update to Karens replacement kidney. The very bad news is she has been in hospital for a week now as she had developed Sepsis. The new kidney had to be removed on Tuesday. Her Mum, my niece, has been with her at the hospital for the last few days. Karens brother Guy is now on dialysis.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top