Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 02:31 PM

Re: Dementia/Alzheimer's

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Twink

Thank you , and I agree with you
I imagine most decent people think like us Azure! I have nobody close, that suffers from this condition, but I remember sharing a hospital bay with a lady that did. She kept me awake and amused all night, talking about dance halls, music and fashions from her past, but she couldn't remember anything from yesterday.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 08:37 PM

Well there it was. My mum's funeral today.
It all went to plan. Very, very sad but no problems and it was lovely to see some old neighbours and relations coming from afar to be there.
I've had a few drinks afterwards and I'm listening to Pink Floyd's instrumental album, the very beautiful The Endless River as I type.
End of an era. Mum I love you.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 09:17 PM

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Aw, I love that. Wish you were real, susan m. I need a big hug like that...but from a real person, not a yellow smiley face with no ears.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-03-2017, 09:20 PM

Aw, I love that. Wish you were real, susan m. I need a big hug like that...but from a real person, not a yellow smiley face with no ears.

Seriously, thank you
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Seriously, thank you

Thinking of you , I remember how it feels to lose your mum x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Thinking of you , I remember how it feels to lose your mum x
I know, susan, I appreciate your words.
I'm sorry, it's been a very long journey and a long day and I think the stress is just pouring out of me at the moment. This forum is keeping me busy and free from thinking too deep into things right now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well there it was. My mum's funeral today.
It all went to plan. Very, very sad but no problems and it was lovely to see some old neighbours and relations coming from afar to be there.
I've had a few drinks afterwards and I'm listening to Pink Floyd's instrumental album, the very beautiful The Endless River as I type.
End of an era. Mum I love you.
a painful day for you then Floydy (hugs ).

There is no greater compliment than to say 'this person was loved' ...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
a painful day for you then Floydy (hugs ).

There is no greater compliment than to say 'this person was loved' ...
I agree with Meg.
The love you had for your mum would have given her great joy. If she is now looking down on you, you could give her even more joy by getting on with your life and being happy. That is probably all she ever wanted you to do.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-03-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree with Meg.
The love you had for your mum would have given her great joy. If she is now looking down on you, you could give her even more joy by getting on with your life and being happy. That is probably all she ever wanted you to do.
Thanks Twink Yes, time to move on now.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top