Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 03:47 PM

Re: Tired of fatigue!

Yes Meg, I've had thyroid checks, which come back as normal, two of my daughters are on thyroxine and so was my mum so it's a bit of a mystery why mine is ok.
After all the tummy trouble I had I'm still not eating properly so I'm constantly taking Complan which has practically every vitamin etc. in it, my vitamin levels are normal.
I've even bought extra carbon dioxide alarms in case my gas was leaking!
I've had burst blood vessels in my eye again lately so I think my blood pressure may be higher than usual.
I just want to sleep and sleep trouble is it makes the days go even quicker than usual, so I'm trying not to give in!
Apart from anything else, when I wake up my arms and hands hurt like hell!
Sorry for moaning!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm glad someone is getting scans etc. I can't remember the last time I was examined by my Gp apart from blood tests
Not even had my blood pressure checked.
I get totally fed up with the, " try these and see if they help" treatment.
As some of you know I never take any medicines where the side effects are worse than the condition, being a retired dispenser I've witnessed too many people being given unnecessary drugs.
I think when you get to a certain age you get fobbed off with either age related or hormone related reasons for the way you feel.
So much money is wasted on drugs these days instead of diagnosis, which would save time and money and get people fit instead of becoming increasingly dependant on the NHS.

I'm so fed up I can't begin to tell you how much I'm struggling to avoid depression!
Funnily enough, have you tried amitryptilline?" was one of these firsts questions asked yesterday.
To which I replied, " I don't want to be even more of a zombie, thank you!"

Tess, I couldn't agree more. I reckon its far quicker and cheaper to write a rpescription than it is to spend time and money to diagnose.

Twice over the last couple of years I have been prescribed long-term drugs for different things, even after admitting they didn't know what the problem was!!!
My argument was, and still is, how on earth can they prescribe something before a diagnosis even?
I declined, and have been fine since. (touch wood).

I wish I could help you Tess, please try not to let this get you down, there must be an answer.
I think Nom's point about possible side-effects from existing meds is a valid point. Are you on anything, and have you checked the data sheets for side effects?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 04:30 PM

Yes, Mups, I always check side effects. The only pain relief I take is codeine when I really need it, apart from that and gaviscon there's nothing medicine wise that could cause it.
I've been tired for years but only this last year has it become really an issue.
I can only think that the past treatment for "angina" that wasn't and those pump inhibitors for "tummy trouble" that wasn't have done something.
I've got a cold for the first time in years. I normally just take vit c and zinc and it goes at the first sign of sniffles, but this one's hanging on.
Oh well, if I'm asleep I can't get up to mischief I suppose!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 04:33 PM

Poor Tess. Cheer up honeybunch, you can come to the OFF Christmas party as 'Sleepy' dwarf, and if you nod off, people will just assume you are playing the part perfectly.
We'll look after you, don't worry.X
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-12-2016, 05:53 PM

Thanks Mups I'll bring my teddy
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 07:34 PM

Have you been tested for coeliac disease, TessA? I was like this, so tired I could barely stand and anaemic until my GP worked out what it might be.
After blood tests and endoscopy I was diagnosed and although there is no cure I feel much better now after following a gluten free diet.

I had none of the 'typical' coeliac symptoms, just extreme lethargy - falling down tired, failure to absorb nutrients, anaemia and hair loss..
Worth an ask...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-12-2016, 07:51 PM

Yes Cranberry, I had extensive tests when I had tummy trouble because of a lot of bowel cancer in my family, so they checked for everything.
It turned out to be the tablets I was taking, they found out after over a year!
I think I need a scan of some sort. I always feel like there's not enough oxygen in the air!
Another weird thing is my middle finger nails keep crumbling, the others grow really long very quickly! (No, I don't give the finger a lot and it's not my poinker finger )
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-12-2016, 07:53 PM

Can you go back and have another try at making them listen to you - I mean really listen?
Is there anyone who can go with you for support?
You can't go on like this Tess.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-12-2016, 07:55 PM

My best GP is back from maternity leave now so, I'm hoping she'll do something.

I'm wondering if, as there's so many women affected by fybromyalgia and CFS, it's something to do with taking the pill.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 11:18 PM

I've even bought extra carbon dioxide alarms in case my gas was leaking!
I've had burst blood vessels in my eye again lately so I think my blood pressure may be higher than usual.
I just want to sleep and sleep trouble is it makes the days go even quicker than usual, so I'm trying not to give in!
Apart from anything else, when I wake up my arms and hands hurt like hell!
Sorry for moaning!
Yes, Mups, I always check side effects. The only pain relief I take is codeine when I really need it, apart from that and gaviscon there's nothing medicine wise that could cause it.
I've been tired for years but only this last year has it become really an issue.
I can only think that the past treatment for "angina" that wasn't and those pump inhibitors for "tummy trouble" that wasn't have done something.
I've got a cold for the first time in years. I normally just take vit c and zinc and it goes at the first sign of sniffles, but this one's hanging on.
Oh well, if I'm asleep I can't get up to mischief I suppose!
Just a couple of points Tessa, Did you mean Carbon Monoxide?
High blood pressure.....
Arms and hands hurting upon waking, these are the symtoms I had during my Heart Attack.
And I see you have had suspected Angina Tessa...
Any problems concerning the Heart can make you seriously tired as I have since found out.
Sometimes I get so tired it hurts...
Try and get a 'Treadmill Test' from your doctor, it will certainly rule out Heart problems.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top