Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 11:57 PM

Re: Tired of fatigue!

Oh dear Tess, I am so sorry gal.
I can understand how frustrating that 'pacing' would be.
Have you got a difinitive diagnosis?

Wish I could help. x
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 12:07 AM

Anyway, hadn't finished, got interrupted mid flow!
(thanks Mups x)
One of the "patients" kept taking over as he obviously knew much more about it than the people running the course.
A woman, whose main problem in life seemed to be fitting her clients in when she wanted them, not when they wanted, I think she's someone kind of therapist, she kept butting in and everything was all about her.
Another young girl kept taking her cardi on and off and the woman next to me kept yawning and falling asleep!
Two men seemed to think running long distances were the most important goal they could achieve and the rest kept quiet!
Oh what jolly fun!
Last one next week. We had a huge form to fill in, they want to know the ins and outs of a cat's ***!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 12:18 AM

Don't sound a bundle of fun Tess, but at least you gave it a go.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yesterday I went to an appointment at the Fatigue Clinic.
My daughter took me, it's about half an hour drive so I thought I'd be quite ok with someone else driving.
It was a "group" meeting with a psychologist, which put me off as it smacks of, "it's all in your mind".
Anyway, I was called in, very pleasant young lady was leading it, two other patients didn't turn up and for about ten minutes it was just me and the psychologist.
That was, as it turned out, lucky as I managed to point out that the six, weekly, 2 hour appointments booked starting in January would be practically impossible for me to attend as I'd have to drive to the park and ride, catch a bus, then talk in a group for two hours, catch another bus then drive for up to half an hour to get home.
Not something that someone with chronic fatigue would find possible.
Well, then in came this woman, another patient who completely took over the whole session, neither I nor the psychologist could get a word in! No wonder she was fatigued!
I left early, with the psychologist 's email address.
What a complete waste of time and a talking session that I'm sure many people with mental health problems, who can't get appointments for a year or so, could have done with!
I just want a proper diagnosis as to why I'm so knackered, not stupid "pacing" etc, which I had from the fybromyalgia clinic and didn't work!
Grrr!
Absolutely shattered today so can't do anything, another wasted day!
The time of year is not helpful, I'm sure. To tell you what I think,
a) don't worry about it .
b) if you feel like staying in bed or going back to bed, do so .
c) if it takes a week, let it .
d) if someone can do your shopping ,let them or do it online.
e) if you get some energy back after that you will know you are either bored stiff , which is a good thing, or you have had the rest that your body was telling you it needed.

If you are not diabetic, have some energy drinks like Lucozade, also honey and nuts.

Hope you don't think I'm being fecetious because I'm not . Just a firm believer, that our body tells us what it needs and there are times we should listen to it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:09 AM

Hi Tess, it sounds so frustrating (and tiring) just to try to get diagnosed and treated.

You mentioned angina. Do they regularly check whether you're in sinus rhythm? A lot of the symptoms you describe sound like arrhythmia - the waking with painful arms, the breathlessness and the crushing fatigue. It could be that you are going in and out of sinus so maybe harder to diagnose.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 08:46 PM

I can't seem to get my blood pressure checked at the surgery, I don't know why, they used to do it routinely.
Our surgery is practically empty whenever I go there yet they still seem to have no time to listen properly. I'm going to try at the chemists.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 08:53 PM

Our health centre has a machine in the waiting area, just off to one side where you can take your own blood pressure, very handy.
Could you not get an appointment to see a nurse, TessA?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top