Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 07:48 AM

Re: Petrol Prices

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I know we've said about this before, but some of these garages really get on my wick with what they charge.

About 3 miles away from here, a garage is selling petrol at £1.11 per ltr.
3 miles in the opposite direction, petrol is £1.21 per ltr.

How on earth can they justify that much difference?

What are the prices round your neck of the woods?
Much the same as yours except in $s (ie about half), Diesel is about $1.22 a litre locally but petrol varies by as much 20c during the week, it costs much more on Friday than on Wednesday. Independent garages are much cheaper some sell petrol for $1.10 a litre.

Our price depends on the Tapis oil price (out of Singapore) rather than West Texas crude or North Sea prices (they are usually lower than Tapis)
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 09:06 AM

Watching prices creep back up slowly here in Pitsea we are at 1.15 both diesel and petrol but I have seen alot higher on my way into London last week.
I suppose its one of the drawbacks for voting to be free of the EU, I can take it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 10:21 AM

I just pay up! I wouldn't travel miles to get cheaper petrol as usually, what petrol you use getting there, cancels out any saving!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:42 PM

I am a bit the same Arty, not that I fill the tank [Hubs does].
The price you have to pay is the price you have to pay, gets on yer pip, but can"t be helped .
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 03:09 AM

Here in my part of America, I gassed up my car today at $2.25 per gallon although I saw it as high as $2.39 yesterday in a different area. It was down to close to $2/gallon a few months back. Read an article in some economics publication a week or so back that said it would likely rise to about $3 by early Spring (political instability does that). To be clear, in America 1 gallon equals 3.785 liters.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 08:24 AM

I Gassed up my car yesterday, the wife had to open the window.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
Here in my part of America, I gassed up my car today at $2.25 per gallon although I saw it as high as $2.39 yesterday in a different area. It was down to close to $2/gallon a few months back. Read an article in some economics publication a week or so back that said it would likely rise to about $3 by early Spring (political instability does that). To be clear, in America 1 gallon equals 3.785 liters.
You are very lucky to get your fuel so cheap, wish we could.
smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top