Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 04:24 PM

Wing walk for Parkinsons

My beautiful but bonkers wife Rosemary has decided to do a sponsored wingwalk for the Parkinsons UK charity, in memory of a good friend of ours who died of the condition a few weeks ago. The event will be at Wickenby aerodrome in Lincolnshire on 27th May.

For those of you that are interested and would like to donate a couple of bob, she has set up a "Just Giving" page here.

I will, of course, be recording the event for posterity and hope to post a video of the occasion on here after the event.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 04:28 PM

Re: Wing walk for Parkinsons

This is the official Parkinson's site where one can give donations.

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/donate
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
This is the official Parkinson's site where one can give donations.

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/donate
Of course you can give direct, but fundraisers do all manner of daft things for sponsorship to boost the charity even more. That's what this thread is about, so I would appreciate the removal of your link to prevent any confusion. Many thanks in advance.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Thank you for bringing this issue some exposure. My brother died of Parkinson's two years ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Of course you can give direct, but fundraisers do all manner of daft things for sponsorship to boost the charity even more. That's what this thread is about, so I would appreciate the removal of your link to prevent any confusion. Many thanks in advance.
Ignore our resident fool Barry for it knows not what it does. I will certainly sponsor your 'bonkers' Wife (No doubt about it). You wouldn't get me to do that. Hopefully there's a way of getting some pics.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 05:15 PM

Done.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:25 PM

I think one should give to the main Parkinson's website instead of to an individual, however well intended their actions might be, that is why I put it up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:27 PM

Well done Mrs Barry not something I would care to do
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

25-01-2017, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think one should give to the main Parkinson's website instead of to an individual, however well intended their actions might be, that is why I put it up.
It would appear that you have neither understanding nor comprehension regarding sponsored fundraising for charity.

We, of course, could have given fifty quid to Parkinsons UK in memory of our friend, but by doing something like this out of the ordinary and getting sponsorship from family, friends and acquaintances who would never have thought to donate to them, we are hoping to raise fifteen hundred instead.

You do the maths...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 07:04 PM

It would appear that you have neither understanding nor comprehension regarding sponsored fundraising for charity.

We, of course, could have hiven fifty quid to Parkinsons UK in memory of our friend, but by doing something like this out of the ordinary and getting sponsorship from family, friends and acquaintances who would never have thought to donate to them, we are hoping to raise fifteen hundred instead.

You do the maths...
Barry.......don't let the forum saboteur get to you.
Don't lower yourself .........people will understand what your wife's doing and why......

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top