Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 07:21 PM

Re: Wing walk for Parkinsons

Far better to give directly to the charity rather than an individual, imo for obvious reasons!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Far better to give directly to the charity rather than an individual, imo for obvious reasons!
Tara I can see your point, and if Barry had only just joined the forum I would agree.

But he has been a member for at least six years and is well trusted by all.
I really don't think he and his wife will run off with the money!

He has carefully explained why this way far more money can be raised for the charity...Far more!

And whatever people's opinions are I think this is his choice, don't you?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 08:35 PM

Once again you prove your ignorance in these things, the fact is that moneys given through these "Just Giving" pages are collected by the website and paid direct to the charity which is being supported, so perhaps you should check your facts before bandying around inferences of fraud?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 08:46 PM

Hi

Donated, say thank you to your wife please Barry.

I hate heights.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 10:08 AM

Many thanks for the donations already received, it is much appreciated.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Once again you prove your ignorance in these things, the fact is that moneys given through these "Just Giving" pages are collected by the website and paid direct to the charity which is being supported, so perhaps you should check your facts before bandying around inferences of fraud?
I believe it is safer to give to the charity concerned, than to an individual.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:35 PM

Im going to donate. .......if Barry hadn't brought it to my attention I wouldn't have.

so, you've made your point so why not jog on.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

26-01-2017, 02:37 PM

I believe it is safer to give to the charity concerned, than to an individual.
Whatever.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:50 PM

What a shame that this thread with it's good intentions has turned into the Tarantula show as usual.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What a shame that this thread with it's good intentions has turned into the Tarantula show as usual.
LD the 'good intentions' are still there and people like Barry's wife who publicise charities and bring them to our attention with daring acts are doing a great job .

Best to ignore grumpy comments

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top