Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 08:58 AM

Re: Trochanteric bursitis.

I have an appointment with the physiotherapist this morning to check on my progress. That won't take much doing as there has been NO progress!

I've been reading about my condition and discovered that a low dose of laser therapy could be very beneficial. Why don't doctors/Physio's tell us about these things?

I expect it's not available on the NHS but I'm willing to pay. I'll see what the physio has to say about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 08:07 AM

I think I have this too Carol and have had it for about 6 months. Sleeping can be a problem. I can't lay on my right side because of the pain. Walking is ok once I get going.

I have found ice helps and pain killers if it gets really bad.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 06:38 PM

You ought to get it diagnosed Meg. Your doctor may send you for physio as mine did me.

I'm willing to try anything but so far nothing has helped.

I've started seeing a chiropractor twice a week. I asked for cold laser therapy which I had read helps to heal soft tissue. However she insists on manipulating my spine as well and I don't like it. I think she does it just to fill the appointment time as the laser is only used for 5 minutes. I had acupuncture as well.

So far no change. If no improvement after 6 sessions I shall give up and have wasted £200.

As a last resort I've been offered a steroid injection by my doctor. I may end up having it.
It's depressing me that I can't get out walking.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 06:57 PM

Hi

I genuinely feel for you Carol.

Constant pain is seriously debilitating.

I can only wish you the best of luck.

If I have a serious problem, I have given up with the NHS.

I have my EHIC Card, off I go and get it fixed quick sticks and the NHS picks up the tab.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

14-03-2017, 07:14 PM

Good luck to you swimmy.

Unfortunately some things just can't be fixed whether you go NHS or private. I think my problem may be in that category.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You ought to get it diagnosed Meg. Your doctor may send you for physio as mine did me.
No point Carol, I find they are worse than usless and a pain in my leg is just one more niggle, I ignore it and carry on. It is not as bad as the torn meniscus in my knee which the doctor had no interest in whatsoever.

I have found a pillow between my knees when I sleep helps to keep my leg level and reduces the pain in my thigh until I try to turn over in my sleep, then it wakes me. I can put up with most things

Last time I saw a physio was for a problem with my thumb joint. She said she would try acupuncture, stuck a needle in a nerve causing excruciating pain which lasted for days and I never went back.

I find ice and exercise cures most of this type of thing in time
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

21-03-2017, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

I've started seeing a chiropractor twice a week. I asked for cold laser therapy which I had read helps to heal soft tissue. However she insists on manipulating my spine as well and I don't like it. I think she does it just to fill the appointment time as the laser is only used for 5 minutes. I had acupuncture as well.
I wasn't happy after yesterdays treatment so I've decided not to go to the chiropractor anymore.

I was left for an allotted 10 minutes with acupuncture needles stuck in my backside. When she didn't return after 15 minutes I decided to buzz her with a little buzzer she left with me but she never came. Apparently the buzzer didn't work. God help me if I was having a heart attack!!

I got up off the table and went to the door in my treatment gown and with the needles still stuck in me and in full view of other waiting patients I had to request the receptionist to find out where my therapist was. She was then fetched from another room.. I complained about the buzzer that didn't work but she wasn't bothered.

On another occasion she manipulated my spine so hard that it hurt for 2 days afterwards. I didn't go to have my spine touched but she insisted it was part of the treatment.

I should never have gone there.
Not the slightest improvement - complete waste of money.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 08:47 AM

well you gave it a try Carol , Are you going to try Steroids injection next or give it time to heal it self . ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

21-03-2017, 09:15 AM

According to my physio it might get better on it's own eventually... I keep doing the exercises she gave me.

I'm not going for the steroid injection yet - only as a last resort.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-03-2017, 11:13 AM

Not the slightest improvement - complete waste of money.
Not good Carol I wondered how you got on as I tried to sleep when in pain last night.
I do find ice seems to help .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top