Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 05:44 PM

Re: AJustments.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Dunroamin, duncarin, dunlivin is me!
Waiting for the worms now!
Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just point me at the sky!

Well those pearls of wisdom made me laugh Tess.

Being alone ain't so bad, less hassle!
But empty nest syndrome is a bummer. That feeling that no-one wants you and they can manage, thank you
At least you ARE doing something Tess, not like me. I seem to be getting lazy - something I'm not used to
Roll on spring I say, give us all enthusiasm again!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 06:24 PM

Well I'm no help to anyone today, cos I've got the 'ump.
Blinkin' problems come at us fast and furious sometimes don't they, and I feel really tired and fed up today with a never ending list of things to sort out, mostly because of other people's incompetence.
Don't talk to me about 'adjusting', I'd rather strangle someone at the mo.

And another thing, my Nellie has got to go for a liver scan next Tuesday, so now I've got that to worry on top of everything else.
Not like me, but I feel quite silly and weepy at the mo.
There, I've finished my moan.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 06:27 PM

Here is a little hug for you Mups.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 06:31 PM

Don't let the B'stards grind you down Mups. Focus on Nellie. She is the one that needs all your love and attention just now. Sod everyone else. XX
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 06:34 PM

Thanks Apricot and EZ, it's not like me feeling so down.
We'll see what tomorrow brings. x x
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 08:18 PM

What's brought on this contemplation Nom?
Sorry couldn't resist joining your Floyd mood.
I've found another knitting group in my favourite place locally, "The Book Barn"!
Knitting and over a million books to browse through things are looking up!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 01:51 AM

Well i was thunking about when i was a youth and my adjustments were based on what my elders told me what was right or wrong, and i was trying to think when i first made an adjustment for myself on my own, even as a teenager my peers often informed my choices.

It was probably music that i first enjoyed hearing without anyone guiding my choice, swiftly followed by fashion, books media. Bt at what point did my adjustments make me an individual.

I had my plans about where was going with my life, but they went to hell in a handbasket and all my cunning plans are for naught.

And now im having to readjust to many new situations that i never envisaged.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Well i was thunking about when i was a youth and my adjustments were based on what my elders told me what was right or wrong, and i was trying to think when i first made an adjustment for myself on my own, even as a teenager my peers often informed my choices.

It was probably music that i first enjoyed hearing without anyone guiding my choice, swiftly followed by fashion, books media. Bt at what point did my adjustments make me an individual.

I had my plans about where was going with my life, but they went to hell in a handbasket and all my cunning plans are for naught.

And now im having to readjust to many new situations that i never envisaged.
I understand how you feel Nom. Much of what you say is how I now feel. There really is no other way but to keep on adjusting as best we can, with courage and a degree of hope. I don't like look back too often at what might have been. Sometimes I think we sacrifice too much for others.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
... my Nellie has got to go for a liver scan next Tuesday, so now I've got that to worry on top of everything else.
Not like me, but I feel quite silly and weepy at the mo.
There, I've finished my moan.
Easy peasy. Needle. Quick. Cheap. Painless. Move on.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top