Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 01:58 PM

Re: I never thought I would hear this

Originally Posted by Barry ->
You lot just keep on rising to the bait, you really should know better by now. Some members are, unfortunately, just embittered I know best remainers whose only apparent joy is to foretell of our imminent demise, and nothing you can say to them will ever change that. To argue with them is only to extend their joy for that is their only comfort...
Hi

Probably true Barry.

However I have an issue with those who post totally untrue statements, which is why I reply to Flicker.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So only 53 percent of us drop litter ? Yeah that's right I'd say it's less they are just very prolific.

But could you point to posts where I claimed any of what you say ? Apart from its easy to leave because I do believe we are all making it harder than it needs to be.

Btw I don't see any problem with us cleaning bedpans etc we are not above that or superior to others in Eastern Europe etc I'd suggest it's racist to believe we are.
Oh dear. Where did I ever say 53% of th UK drops litter???

I think one of your chief Brexiteers has said not that doing menial work is beneath anyone...but that not many Brit want to do it. Rather different.

Easy to leave the EU? On the contrary...if you (in general) haven't seen the complexities by now (and the talks haven't yet begun) I am afraid the cloud cuckooland mentality is still too present to be called reality.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 02:02 PM

If you dislike uk so much why be a member of a mainly uk forum, all you do is insult most of us. If I joined a French site I'd expect to either like France or the French otherwise I'd just be a troll.

At least we can drive around with no fear of being car jacked wasn't long ago that was France's problem.

And no one has claimed if won't be hard at first, we need a big change in this country leaving eu is first part of it, sorting out lords is next.

And the rubbish on motorways as you come away from the tunnel isn't necessarily uk rubbish we've watched loads of lorries coming into the country dumping rubbish out their windows as the come into the country. Filthy habit.
I applaud your tenacity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 02:12 PM

You lot just keep on rising to the bait, you really should know better by now. Some members are, unfortunately, just embittered I know best remainers whose only apparent joy is to foretell of our imminent demise, and nothing you can say to them will ever change that. To argue with them is only to extend their joy for that is their only comfort...

You may well be right, I know remainers in the real world they are all ok about us leaving now have accepted democratic decision and just want us to get on with it. Same with many on the forum, decent people accept not every thing will always go their way. I mentioned a troll in first post I stand by that I think. So will desist as it's just feeding it.

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I applaud your tenacity.
Thank you I think
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am constantly surprised by your lack of understanding.

You also do not seem to understand the simple fact that we are not supported by the EU.

The EU is threatening the UK, fine, that is the nature of the game.

Your Presidential Candidate, Macron, was here in the UK for a meeting with our PM, May.

He took the opportunity of threatening the UK.

Not a good idea.

Two can play hardball.
We are the second largest Contributor to EU Funding, the EU will have to deal with that when we leave.

We own 16.6 % of the European Investment Bank, and as such, the same amount of the Loan Book.

We can just sell it to Putin and up yours.
Oh dear SF.
WTO Rules will apply, we all ready pay Tariffs on non EU Imported Products, those same tariffs will apply to EU Products when we leave.

The EU (including the UK) pays tariffs based on both bilateral trade agreements AND WTO rules. One or the other. Contrary to what you said earlier, your duties to pay and duties you receive will be equal to the LEAST paid across WTO nations IF they are Most Favoured Nations in the deal. That way no one can undercut anyone else to ply for trade.
So indeed you will have to pay tariffs to the EU when you leave. and what you pay and receive is based on what is the LEAST paid and received anywhere as a MFN. ie you cannot charge the EU less than you charge Australia...so your example of Australia and Chile etc is moot. You will all be paying the same. No one benefits.

You also do not seem to understand the simple fact that we are not supported by the EU.

I have no idea where you got this notion. However it is true to say that the growth in the UK and elsewhere in the EU is based on your EU membership.

We are the second largest Contributor to EU Funding, the EU will have to deal with that when we leave.

Deal with what? They won't have to pay out to your farmers, infrastructure and inner city refurbishment, universities and other grand projects. They have just signed a deal with Canada that will more th an plug any gap that might occur.

We own 16.6 % of the European Investment Bank, and as such, the same amount of the Loan Book.

I am sure that will be taken into account when the subject of the 60ish billion debt is discussed.

Now I note you have not discussed the subject of this thread again...immigration post Brexit and DD's statement instead of going ad nauseam over the same stuff again.

Second time of asking.
Flicker
France

23-02-2017, 02:22 PM

You know something Barry I am disappointed in you.

I discuss a simple subject like DD saying you will need immigrants for a very very long time and that immigration will unlike promised NOT fall post Brexit and there you go, getting all personal again.

If you don't want to discuss the thread subject perhaps you should not lay fingers to keyboard.

and as one who lives in a land of free speech and thought you surprise me that you do not take into consideration any of that which is not in agreement with yours.
One could say you were being...oppressive.

The Tory Party has told DD, darling of the Brexit bunch, to shut up. That too is rather oppressive I would say. Mustn't let the mask of jollity slip an inch.

Tell you what. Take another look at the immigration numbers in ten years from final severance. Then tell me youir hopes and dreams are coming true.
Flicker
France

23-02-2017, 02:26 PM

Hi

Probably true Barry.

However I have an issue with those who post totally untrue statements, which is why I reply to Flicker.

I have poste not one word of untruth. That you do not understand is not my problem.

Secondly I don't take kindly to those who immediately change the subject of a thread because they want to talk about something else. It is deflection of the highest order and it is dishonest.

The subject is David Davis' forecast of immigration "over a very very long time". Not me or France or WTO rules. The content of the speech is all over the press...perhaps you might like to read it and respond in kind instead of accusing me of lying.
Flicker
France

23-02-2017, 02:31 PM

You may well be right, I know remainers in the real world they are all ok about us leaving now have accepted democratic decision and just want us to get on with it. Same with many on the forum, decent people accept not every thing will always go their way. I mentioned a troll in first post I stand by that I think. So will desist as it's just feeding it.

Thank you I think
How can I be trolling when no one speaks to the subject of the thread???

You just dag it down to the same old crap. Is that all you can handle? Can you not discuss the subject without constantly defaulting to the most simplistic of repeated discussions?

Weks ago the acceptance of Brexit was clear?...stop repeating it.
The point YOU don't get is th at this journey is a very long torturous one and that you were duped. Davis' comment is a clear indicator of that. But the UK will have to live by the irrational decision of duped gullible people and make the best of it.
The question is not whether but how. One that seems difficult for some to discuss.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi

Probably true Barry.

Probably . . . PROBABLY???

You know darn well it's true!

Flicker
France

23-02-2017, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Probably . . . PROBABLY???

You know darn well it's true!

Prove it.

Or be a sycophantic coward.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top