Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:26 PM

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
When we had the kennels one day after collecting staff from the bus stop there was a huge great stallion cart horse in the road. So we led it to our top field for safety and called the police to report it. To cut a long story short the horse belonged to a gipsy lad who lived om a fixed site not far away. The police told him we had it safe and he came to collect it. the horse was grazing on common land and someone had cut the chain.

We lent lead rope to the lad and thought we would never see it or him again. how wrong were we? he came back next day with a huge bunch of flowers for Sue and said no one from their site would ever bother us and if there was any trouble from elsewhere let him know and they will sort it.

Just goes to show do them a kindness and they don't forget
We supplied them with a stand pipe for water.......they were no trouble at all.

One Sunday a family ran out of gas so let them have one of our gas cylinders...like you I didn't expect to see it again...wrong, they returned it FULL.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
We supplied them with a stand pipe for water.......they were no trouble at all.

One Sunday a family ran out of gas so let them have one of our gas cylinders...like you I didn't expect to see it again...wrong, they returned it FULL.
As I said earlier, there are good and bad in all groups of people. We should judge them as individuals, not by the group they belong to!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 07:17 PM

Agreed, though I am of the opinion that travelers(as we see, tipping crap)are not gypsies in the true sense.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 07:21 PM

There are people who give up smoking, but they are not necessarily non-smokers.... are they Tpin?
Or are you going to announce to the forum that I am wrong.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2017, 07:32 PM

Shhhhh
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

28-02-2017, 07:50 PM

Shhhhh
Look at it this way, the fags can kill you or I can. At least my method will be the faster and less painful.... and there is always a chance of escape from me!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 09:01 PM

Nice to read the positive stories on this thread, that some of you have had .
Thank you for sharing them .
I must admit last night when i read the thread title and first two post I had a feeling of dread , some times in the past on forums the subject has been nothing but hate , and that hatred has come through giving me a feeling of fear . Funny how even when you are not face to face with a person you can feel afraid .
Hope i get a good nights sleep tonight cause last night i lay a wake thinking about what was to come ....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 09:42 PM

I was invited by a friend to a travellers wedding . When I met the family I was welcomed with open arms . The family lived in a house , it was beautifully kept , pristine clean . The bride was a lovely girl and allowed us to be in her bedroom while she dressed . The church service was nice and the church packed , all the men wearing suits . The reception hall had been beautifully dressed by the community and the food was all home made and delicious . I was really welcomed and it was an interesting experience .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 09:50 PM

A few years ago I went to a gypsy information event near where I live. I found the talk really interesting and we were served nettle soup and I think it was nettle tea .

Romany gypsies history really is interesting and I've read some very good books on their life .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 10:59 PM

I've found a great difference between true gypsies and those we call "travelers"

There's no comparison, they're a different race, totally.

imho, that is.

That's what I meant, and I agree with you Tpin.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top