Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 04:29 PM

Re: My Last Wishes

That last sentence made me laugh...I am going to nick it
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:17 PM

My dogs have all been cremated so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me .
Wouldn't like people to feel like they had to visit a grave . Just remember me as I was .
My ashes are to be scattered with all my dogs and cats who have died before me and whose ashes I still have .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
My dogs have all been cremated so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me .
Wouldn't like people to feel like they had to visit a grave . Just remember me as I was .
My ashes are to be scattered with all my dogs and cats who have died before me and whose ashes I still have .
Snap..

Its all written in my funeral arrangements. Scatter me with the dog in the place we loved to walk.
That way my close family can take a walk and know thats where I was happiest.

I think its really important to let people know what you want. If nothing else for their peace of mind.

OH and I had all our funeral and care wishes including the point in time for a DNR to be instated leagalised last year.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
.... I will be cremated and have mine and my cats ashes scattered together......
Originally Posted by Abbey ->
..... My ashes are to be scattered with all my dogs and cats ....
Originally Posted by Cass ->
Snap....... Scatter me with the dog .....
Congratulations ladies !
You have achieved the seemingly impossible.

You have rendered Pumicestone speechless .....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:35 PM

Hi mups , I felt the same way as you for a long time , then I began to realise what a difficult thing it would be for the kids to have to decide for me , so firstly I got the will made by solicitor , then I wrote a lovely letter and some poems and instructions and have put it all in my bedside cabinet , even chosen two songs to be played . I have told my children where everything is so as to make it easier for them .

This'll make you laugh mups , when I was writing my letter to them for after I'm gone , I kept bursting into tears , even as I write that my eyes start to leak , and like you I can't Immagine not being here , then I Immagine all their sadness , blah blah blah and then I tell myself at least it's all done . Ya know what , it doesn't matter if you cry does it mups x
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think I'm going to go with cremation and have my ashes in a pot to grow a tree.

I heard on a radio programme about cremations that the ashes are toxic and should not be scattered on grass or flowerbeds

I've decided on a direct cremation/no fuss disposal ... my daughter is horrified but, as I've told her, she'll be more horrified at the cost of a traditional funeral I intend to organise this very soon .. I'm just waiting for one of my ISA's to mature.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:46 PM

Hi

It is a very personal thing.

My kids live miles away, very rarely visit, my family are scattered , only the odd Christmas card, most of my long term friends are dead,

Simple, low cost cremation, no service, ashes scattered at my favourite peg by one of my fishing mates.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I feel the same Mups, but I think at least with cremation you know that you will be dead!
My sister had a woodland type burial, it was lovely but, I kept thinking of her all alone out there and as it was very close to a lake I couldn't help wondering if it would flood.
I think I'm going to go with cremation and have my ashes in a pot to grow a tree.
I was thinking of donating me body to science but I'm scared they may try to experiment in keeping my brain alive and that would be horrific!
They cannot do that Tessa. They are not allowed to take your body until your are, quite definitely, dead.

Then - you can specify how much they can/cannot do with your remains. For example - you can say that they may or may not keep tissue samples or organs after they have finished with the main corpse.

There are many options listed on the forms - been there sogned that - that is how I know.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 07:07 PM

My late wife hated the idea of being buried - "All those wriggly worms eating into me" so in keeping with her wishes she was cremated. I bought a standard sized plot and after placing her ashes inside a Chinese design wooden box I laid her to rest in `our` plot. The plot, according to the local council, can be used for up to five interments of ashes so when my time comes I will be cremated and will be joining my wife. I've also said that my sister-in-law can come and join us both as they were inseparable in life.

I don't think there's any need to fear death itself as it is an inevitable part of life and must happen whether we like it or not. How we get there is the frightening part for most. Will it be quick or long drawn out? How we are remembered when we are gone is part of our lives too.

I attended the funeral yesterday of a good friend who wasn't much older than I am - he had a heart attack after visiting the gym. He didn't suffer apparently, just complained of pains in his chest at home and he was gone, quick and sudden. The service was brilliant, there were at least 150 people there. His long-time friends whom he met when they all worked at the same company years ago regaled us with stories from his past making us all laugh and helping us remember what a thoroughly decent bloke he was to all throughout his life. He will be missed by all who knew him including me.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 07:27 PM

We have decided to be cremated along with our Cats Ashes, as we don't have any family to look after our graves when we are gone, so at least if we are cremated no one has to look after it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top