Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 06:08 PM

Re: My Last Wishes

Originally Posted by Older git ->
This is a question I may have to face. Mum is 92 and claustrophobic. The thought of being buried is not on. I think I will opt for the crematorium but in an open coffin.
She'll be able to get out, surely.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
She'll be able to get out, surely.

Buggar that`s a thought.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 09:25 PM

I hate waste, so for me the obvious solution would be to mince me up, add some gravy and feed me to the dogs. I don't somehow think that will be acceptable to my family (or legal) however, so they can do whatever they feel appropriate with my life insurance money. I won't be around, so it won't worry me one little bit!
WE177B
London
WE177B is male  WE177B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 04:40 PM

Cremation for me. Doesn't make any difference to the corpse but its a far less stressful event for the family. As cheap as possible too, I would rather the family hung onto as much cash as possible to spend on more important things like holidays or getting bladdered.

If you do get buried, it ain't permanent in most cases. My parents went down a hole in a council owned cemetery. I own the plot on a 99 year lease. When that runs out I will be long up the chimney having added to the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere. So will my children, if we assume that they don't make it to over 100. Who is going to care enough to renew the lease for another 99 years? Nobody.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I will be the odd one out and will have a simple 'Woodland burial' locally, no funeral no grave .

I like they idea of laying among the trees and wildflower surrounded by wildlife

This one is quite well established and not far from me. There is one nearer but not so well grown as yet...
http://www.humberwoodland.co.uk/
That looks an attractive alternative.

If I were to opt for such a thing, it would have to be much closer to where we live because I know my wife would be heartbroken and would want to visit.

Do you know whether there is some sort of national organisation for this sort of thing?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top