Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:10 AM

Out They Go

Hi

The much criticised European Court of Justice has just issued a landmark ruling.

It has backed a decision by Theresa May to strip a Terrorist Suspect of his British Citizenship.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmit...BpQ#.vjnjk2LwR

Now we have got the ruling, all the others with dual citizenship should be dealt with right away.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:20 AM

Re: Out They Go

Amazing at last something positive.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:32 AM

"Theresa May has argued that the UK should leave the European Convention on Human Rights – which was incorporated into British law as the Humans Rights Act – because it “makes us less secure by preventing the deportation of dangerous foreign nationals”."

I like this woman...Well, mostly!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 05:02 PM

To quote Victor Meldew I cant believe it .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:35 PM

At last, some good news.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The much criticised European Court of Justice has just issued a landmark ruling.

It has backed a decision by Theresa May to strip a Terrorist Suspect of his British Citizenship.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmit...BpQ#.vjnjk2LwR

Now we have got the ruling, all the others with dual citizenship should be dealt with right away.
Excellent news, I agree, but why the sudden change of heart to offer their support to soft-touch Britain?

Could it be that they have finally realised that we are on our way out?

Could it be that, after we leave, they'd like to retain some beneficial (to them) connection with us?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 01:36 AM

Aren't there threads for EU comment.

Pablo sends a message he loves you too and no I am not derailing a thread.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Excellent news, I agree, but why the sudden change of heart to offer their support to soft-touch Britain?

Could it be that they have finally realised that we are on our way out?

Could it be that, after we leave, they'd like to retain some beneficial (to them) connection with us?
Hi

I do not think that is the reason.

The ECJ is merely reflecting public opinion across the whole of the EU following the wave of terrorist attacks.

It is one of a series of such judgements recently.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 06:19 AM

I can't believe how much it cost us to get this ruling, how come even though this man has not resided in this country since 2009 he was still eligible for legal aid running into tens of thousands of pounds?

I welcome the ruling but the government really needs to look at the Legal Aid system
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

11-03-2017, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I can't believe how much it cost us to get this ruling, how come even though this man has not resided in this country since 2009 he was still eligible for legal aid running into tens of thousands of pounds?

I welcome the ruling but the government really needs to look at the Legal Aid system
Hi

The legal aid system for Immigration and Human Rights is a nonsense.

It can be traced back to changes made by Tony Blair.

Cherie Blair was a Human Rights Lawyer.

There is nothing wrong with the Human Rights Law as such, we, the UK, were one of the originals in pushing it well before the EU was even founded.

The problem is the way it has evolved to protect terrorists and Radicals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top