Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:39 PM

Re: split posts from Brexit sections thread

Anyone tried to join one yet?
I just did.
You can't join both .. only one or the other. Where's the fun in that? And you have to give your reason for wanting for join.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Anyone tried to join one yet?
I just did.
You can't join both .. only one or the other. Where's the fun in that? And you have to give your reason for wanting for join.
I had a look earlier and pressed to join, then it asked why and I thought this is just too churlish for me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Ah ... I could be wrong. You might be able to join both. I joined one.
I know what you mean about the box asking your reason ..

I just filled it in ..
You requested to join this group Today at 09:43 PM
Request Reason: Because it is sitting like a majestic mountain waiting to be climbed by an intrepid adventurer ... and I happened along instead.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:47 PM

Lol ... Good one,
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

23-02-2017, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Who are the group Admins?

That's up to you! If you want to oversee your groups section then please let us know. You will be charged with accepting or denying join requests, and removing people from the group if they don't meet the criteria.

Can I complain if I am removed from a group?

Yes. If you believe you have don't anything wrong, post a thread in the Contact a Mod section and we will take a look.
Azz ... hope you pop in to read any feedback.
I've been thinking .... what exactly is entailed in becoming an Admin for one of the Groups.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If you talk on the "Open" section people will just argue...... because nobody can guarantee what it will be like.
Nowt wrong with arguing provided that we do not descend to ad hominem attacks...

unless the other person does it first!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Azz ... hope you pop in to read any feedback.
I've been thinking .... what exactly is entailed in becoming an Admin for one of the Groups.
Morty, why don't you apply to be the Admin. for the Remain group?

And then stop any bugger from posting!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 01:44 AM

Ok to clarify:

Everyone can read the threads in those sections
..but only those who are in one camp or the other can post in them.

Re Admins, anyone who is willing to apply the rules can be Admin of these groups (the more the merrier actually). Any group admin abusing their position will of course be banned - from the entire site.

What does being an Admin entail? Simply keeping an eye on threads in your section and (to begin with at least) alerting the mods of any posts which you feel don't adhere to the rules. We'll keep a list of who's been removed from the group so that if they re-apply to enter their request can be denied.

So yes, go for it Morty!

Anyone else want to give it a shot?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 01:45 AM

Oh I forgot - re join reason, you can leave that blank
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Ok to clarify:

Everyone can read the threads in those sections
..but only those who are in one camp or the other can post in them.

Re Admins, anyone who is willing to apply the rules can be Admin of these groups (the more the merrier actually). Any group admin abusing their position will of course be banned - from the entire site.

What does being an Admin entail? Simply keeping an eye on threads in your section and (to begin with at least) alerting the mods of any posts which you feel don't adhere to the rules. We'll keep a list of who's been removed from the group so that if they re-apply to enter their request can be denied.

So yes, go for it Morty!

Anyone else want to give it a shot?
Bit like the Nazi .

Two groups not aloud to converse with one another.

Another one of you very odd ideas.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top