Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 06:24 PM

Re: Possible 2nd Scottish Referendum

Originally Posted by May ->
I see groundhog day has come round again

Let's see...Theresa v Nicola..now I know Nicola's a tough wee cookie,but I'm wondering if Theresa's tough enough to cope with more hassle...We shall see..let's face it..anything can happen in a year or two..as We all know
Hi

May has enough on her hands at the moment.

I think she will let Nicola go with it, but then slash the Barnett Formulae, whatever the result is.

Just my view, I may well be wrong, I usually am.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 10:40 PM

Popcorn all round. The wee grandstanding lassie is digging her own, and that of the SNP’s grave from what I have read and heard, it can’t come soon enough. It appears that she is proving to be very unpopular with the Scottish people, and even some within her own party.
This deluded woman has a tunnel vision of Scotland being independent and her name going down in history as the one who brought it about. She seems to care very little for the future ahead for the Scottish people, who had their vote on Independence and wisely voted NO.
With Nicola, it’s a case of vote until I hear the result I want to hear.

She is hellbent on this dangerous path for the people even though everyone but she and her party can see what she is contemplating is utter madness. It is nigh on impossible for Scotland to join the EU as a separate country, how could they? For starters, and regardless of Nicola’s insistence that it will be so, Scotland will no longer be able to use the pound! She will be even poorer than Greece, Spain has already said it will veto its membership due to fears of it’s own Catalan region wanting the same independence. Ignore the false warm words to her from the EU (who must be doing a Scottish reel at the news of yet more turmoil for Theresa)
The plain truth is that Scotland’s chances of ever joining the EU are zilch.
Scotland may well have voted en-masse to remain but the UK as a whole, voted to leave!

Good luck if they manage to get their Referendum and vote to leave. Try joining the EU then, They will join the back of the queue of other countries like Turkey wishing to join.
, I hope though that there is enough room in Scotland if they are ever allowed in. What with the turmoil hitting the EU and with most of the 3rd world heading towards Europe, England will have to have good sturdy borders because no way will we accept a soft, easy option of hopping in here via the North.

To be brutally honest, Scotland with a Scottish only tax base will never manage the wide range of services and benefits it has at the moment if it voted for Independence. Where is it going to get the extra? The EU? Wee Nicola doesn’t even have the lure of “Black Gold” anymore.

I have nothing but the highest respect for the people of Scotland and know they are not responsible for the disgraceful, dishonourable action being taken by the SNP against the Union, but enough is enough. My present opinion now is that if the people of Scotland have another Referendum, then the people of England should also have a vote on the same day.
If the people of Scotland vote to remain and the people of England vote they should leave, then out they should go! We cannot have this sword of Democles forever hanging over us.
After all, there can hardly be an Englishman/Woman in England who does not have at least one drop of Scottish blood in their Ancestry due to inbreeding from the time when Scotland’s James Stuart came and sat on the throne. That surely gives us the right to vote as well.!!

Now where’s that popcorn?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What with the turmoil hitting the EU and with most of the 3rd world heading towards Europe, England will have to have good sturdy borders because no way will we accept a soft, easy option of hopping in here via the North.
That, of course, would be a very sensible decision. Fortunately, the distance overland from coast to coast is relatively short, although there would also be the problem of small boats trying to sail around the ends of the border fence. That, too, would have to be addressed.

Of course, before any such border fence was put in place, we should encourage all of our illegal, and 'child', migrants to opt for relocation north of the border. We could offer them tempting descriptions of whisky, haggis and deep fried Mars bars.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 11:01 PM

Plaid Cymru are talking about having one now and Sinn Fein are talking about a poll on Irish reunification. What next? Civil war?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 11:06 PM

**Newsflash** in relation to this topic, Theresa May just said "politics is not a game".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Plaid Cymru are talking about having one now and Sinn Fein are talking about a poll on Irish reunification. What next? Civil war?
I apologise to the Welsh, who consider themselves a separate race (although no more so than the Cornish) but, unlike Scotland and Ireland, Wales is not a kingdom and never has been (at least not as a unified country), but a principality of the Kingdom of England and Wales.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:06 AM

Wow! Theresa May could go down in history as the PM that pulled Britain out of the EU and broke up the United Kingdom, that'll look good on her resume.

The problem is; can she ignore Scotland? they voted 65% to remain in the EU and Nicola Sturgeon would be mad not to go hard on that issue.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
We need a new word, Joxit
So funny, and for sure we need to build a wall
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:51 AM

The last one was called a once in a lifetime vote. What will be this one be - The next in a long line until we get the result we want vote?

Shropshire Girl says the Scottish People are not responsible for what the SNP want to do to the rest of the Union - Well they voted her and the rest of her cronies in.

Should they win, I trust all pauments from Westminster will cease.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
The last one was called a once in a lifetime vote. What will be this one be - The next in a long line until we get the result we want vote?

Shropshire Girl says the Scottish People are not responsible for what the SNP want to do to the rest of the Union - Well they voted her and the rest of her cronies in.

Should they win, I trust all pauments from Westminster will cease.

Some [people are apparently overlooking the 'other' nationalists, the Welsh and Irish, who having seen how well Scotland are doing, are themselves now ready to line up for a fight over their independence too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7627861.html

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top