Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 09:46 PM

Re: Sinn Fein

Hi

I have a serious issue with Sinn Fein, the political wing of the IRA, who planted bombs where my kids went.

As far as I am concerned, Gerry Adams is only alive because it is illegal to kill him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:05 PM

I am still awaiting a logical reason why Northern Ireland could not re-join Eire in a united Ireland.

I don't think anyone has yet suggested one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:10 PM

They might not get on so well JBR, there might be some rude words about who rules the roost.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They might not get on so well JBR, there might be some rude words about who rules the roost.
Dublin.

And I don't think much would change: they don't seem to get on too well as things are, so what's the difference?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Dublin.

And I don't think much would change: they don't seem to get on too well as things are, so what's the difference?
The roost
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-03-2017, 10:40 PM

The roost
You're like an arty farty lecturer at my old university: you speak in riddles!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-03-2017, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're like an arty farty lecturer at my old university: you speak in riddles!
ok, perhaps a footie analogy will help? The goalposts have moved to a bigger pitch with a bigger team on one side than the other. The grass is always greener...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-03-2017, 11:32 PM

ok, perhaps a footie analogy will help? The goalposts have moved to a bigger pitch with a bigger team on one side than the other. The grass is always greener...
If you knew me, you'd know for certain that football is of absolutely no interest to me. I'd find watching paint drying more exciting!

Nevertheless, I shall attempt to translate.

Are you saying that in a united Ireland, Protestants would be heavily outnumbered by Catholics?

Would this be a problem? In Eire, as I understand it, Protestants are already heavily outnumbered. Do you really think that the Catholics would go on a killing spree?

In England, Catholics are outnumbered by Protestants. I don't think I've ever heard a news report of Protestants killing Catholics.

Indeed, quite the opposite has happened with members of a certain 'minority' religion opposing others of the majority religion!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-03-2017, 11:41 PM

I am not talking of violence. Just saying the descendants of British settlers would be outnumbered by the Irish, who may not tolerate them having a seat in Government or trying to tell them how to run Ireland. There may be a "misunderstanding" as a result.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-03-2017, 12:06 AM

I am not talking of violence. Just saying the descendants of British settlers would be outnumbered by the Irish, who may not tolerate them having a seat in Government or trying to tell them how to run Ireland. There may be a "misunderstanding" as a result.
I think we're getting into the realms of improbability, if not nonsense, here.

If you'll pardon my suggestion, of course.

Funny how we tolerate everyone and his son getting a seat in our government, isn't it?

Perhaps Eire isn't quite so accommodating.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top