Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Re: Freemasons

Hi

The Freemasons also do a lot of Charity work, but so what?

They both do their members a lot of favours amongst themselves businesswise.

In my village, the most powerful group is the Flower Club.

Those ladies run the place
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:36 AM

It's the hook Heath women's institute here never cross those ladies they hold a grudge like no other
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
So...colleagues think you're a bloke?
Eegh what you on about. It was an NHS dinner with some Masons. You get treated very differently if they think you are part of a secret society.

Just like so many claim to be in the SAS in the services. Probably just cleaned their boots or wanna be's
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:42 AM

I went to a dinner once which was held by a very anti catholic Scottish society
( I didn't know this was invited by a friend ) all the evening they made jokes about Catholics -as the only left footer I found it weirdly amusing
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's the hook Heath women's institute here never cross those ladies they hold a grudge like no other

Like any other bully Julie. Safety in numbers. When my dad was the services he got picked on because he was Welsh by this orrrible little man. You know the kind get a stripe.

My dad was wiry and took him outside and flattened him with one punch. Never picked on him again.
Goldielocks
Spain

15-03-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I went to a dinner once which was held by a very anti catholic Scottish society
( I didn't know this was invited by a friend ) all the evening they made jokes about Catholics -as the only left footer I found it weirdly amusing
We all have our crosses to bear it doesn't bother me either way who is what, who, where. We all got choices to join these establishments
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:47 AM

Re your Dad

That sometimes just what bullies need !
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:49 AM

Even more secret are knights Templar. They are people recruited from Freemasons for extra special secret work, no idea what that is but I think they have to show their left nipple

Apologies to any from those societies here
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2017, 10:52 AM

I though they were the lot who wore garters made of barb wire
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Goes back to the Luminatee I believe and connection with the Catholic Church. In my view any secret society should be viewed with caution.

I tend not to like secret societies. I accidentally through a friend attended a charity event. I was surprised who was there and the claims being made.

I was treated very differently by some colleagues after that event as I am sure they were convinced I was a Mason.

I certainly was not but it sure helped me get some much needed equipment
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a boy's club. Yes there are women's groups but ultimately it's a male-dominated thing.
Very much so Annie
Originally Posted by Tpin ->
So...colleagues think you're a bloke?
Eegh what you on about. It was an NHS dinner with some Masons. You get treated very differently if they think you are part of a secret society.

Just like so many claim to be in the SAS in the services. Probably just cleaned their boots or wanna be's
It was a joke
What has the SAS got to do with it?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top