Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Re: Great Britain?

Benefits and wages into bank accounts in those other countries while their worker live here, some only stay long enough to claim they have a job back home too, I'd be fairly well off if I could do that too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Benefits and wages into bank accounts in those other countries while their worker live here, some only stay long enough to claim they have a job back home too, I'd be fairly well off if I could do that too.
Hi

Yes, I appreciate that Julie.

1 The UK pays child benefit and child tax credits to almost 50,000 children who live in another EU country. The most common country of residence is Poland, where claims are made for almost 30,000 children. British rates are about four times those in Poland. The cost to the British taxpayer is just over £1 million per week. Only in four other EU countries do the rules allow for such payments to be made to non-resident children.

As above, our own stupid fault.

Fraud is also rife amongst some Immigrants, not just from the EU.

The issue is, even if we stopped it all, which hopefully we will, it still leaves us spending tens of Billions more than we get in every year and with deteriorating Public Services.

That is the uncomfortable reality.

If we are to grow and have the same quality of life as in some other advanced Countries, we really do need to have a serious rethink on how we do things.

The present system is simply not working.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:29 AM

I've said it many times: this country's had it.

So whose fault is it?

Who decides to pay enormous sums in foreign aid? Who decides to pay enormous sums in benefits to new arrivals? Who decides to spend enormous sums on such things as HS2, and then cancel them at the last minute? Who decided to accept continued membership of a corrupt organisation when it morphed from the EEC into the EU?

I think we all know the answer.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Exactly that's one main reason I voted leave getting out of the eu isn't a quick fix we then need to look seriously at what we want and where we want to go. H of L reform next, then thin out the MPs, sort out our localities too so we get a government who do their best for us.

If it doesn't happen or we get less than we thought we have only ourselves to blame. We get what we deserve.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Exactly that's one main reason I voted leave getting out of the eu isn't a quick fix we then need to look seriously at what we want and where we want to go. H of L reform next, then thin out the MPs, sort out our localities too so we get a government who do their best for us.

If it doesn't happen or we get less than we thought we have only ourselves to blame. We get what we deserve.
Hi

Well said Julie.

The only thing I disagree with is this.

It is my view that we have no need to wait until we leave the EU to start addressing our structural issues.

A good example is Nursing.

There is absolutely no reason not to overturn the decision to start charging nurses for training now, we do not have to wait to leave.

It is a nonsense that we do not train our own and yet import them into the UK.

We are leaving the EU in two years, so why not stop paying absent child benefits now, what are the EU going to do?

Loads of good sensible things we can be doing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-03-2017, 11:59 AM

I don't think we can do this now there is no will within the government of anywhere else that can do that want to. That's why we need changes to the top first.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
The money has gone to the EU ..
On my travel visiting European far fung islands they all proudly display large adverts announcing these roads were paid by the EU.
Paying 400m for Polish roads
Where's the EU money for UK roads errrrr.
What the hell does the UK need roads for? you can walk everywhere in an afternoon.

400 million Euros will build what? 20km of road? 30km of road? That'll make a big difference.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Now to be a bit controversial.

Other EU Countries pay into the EU, yet have much better quality of life than we have here.

We have 3 million EU Citizens here and 1.6 million unemployed.

If we made all our unemployed work, which would mean forcing some to move home, which would not be popular, we would still have 1.4 million EU Citizens here.

If we stopped paying into the EU and all foreign aid we would still be borrowing £40 Billion a year and we would still be a very expensive Country to live in with very poor Public Services.

I am certainly not making a case to stay in the EU, just asking the question, why are we being ripped off and where is the money going?
If we did make our 1.6 million unemployed work, on an average of £100 per week benefits ( and many get more) we would save an extra 160million a week on benefits. Previous generations moved where the work was, not expected to find a job where they lived , so the unemployed should be expected to do the same! The other 1.4 million migrants who remain will spend their earnings here on food and accommodation, thereby putting their earnings back into our economy, as well as providing labour to help our businesses make a profit. ( no employer makes a loss on paying wages )
The real problem is that there are too many of us living here, all needing public services, wanting housing and often healthcare. If this continues life will continue to get poorer for us all, so maybe we should get rid of those who are here illegally, and tax people if they have too many children...it seemed to work for the Chinese!
We have all learned to expect a higher standard of living, but many haven't learned that you only get that if you are prepared to work harder.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If we did make our 1.6 million unemployed work, on an average of £100 per week benefits ( and many get more) we would save an extra 160million a week on benefits. Previous generations moved where the work was, not expected to find a job where they lived , so the unemployed should be expected to do the same! The other 1.4 million migrants who remain will spend their earnings here on food and accommodation, thereby putting their earnings back into our economy, as well as providing labour to help our businesses make a profit. ( no employer makes a loss on paying wages )
The real problem is that there are too many of us living here, all needing public services, wanting housing and often healthcare. If this continues life will continue to get poorer for us all, so maybe we should get rid of those who are here illegally, and tax people if they have too many children...it seemed to work for the Chinese!
We have all learned to expect a higher standard of living, but many haven't learned that you only get that if you are prepared to work harder.
Common sense!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-03-2017, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Personally I'd make employers pay wages people can actually live on without top up benefits the myth it's just unemployed at fault is wide but even with a job many are still stuck on various benefits. We all know people that aren't looking for work really but that number is I think likely to be far less than those simply can't afford to move or take a low paying job.

Only reason continentals can is they live several families to a house multiple occupancy flats and houses often illegal lets. They aren't trying to make a real home of have their family here with them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top