Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Re: Great Britain?

Hi

It is the work ethos Twinks.

Drilled into me that life is what you make it, nobody owes you a living, it is up to you to find the work and get on with it.

You don't get owt for nowt.

I have worked all over the place to provide for my family.

I find it absolutely amazing that there are people 30 miles away in Telford who refuse to move for work, yet the Polish will move here for the same jobs to better their lives.

Locally we where advertising jobs, 4 days on, four off, £15 an hour, 12 hour shifts, a 20% enhancement for the night shift.

Guess where the applicants came from?

Certainly not Telford or Stoke with the high Unemployment Rates.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 02:33 PM

If we made all our unemployed work, which would mean forcing some to move home, which would not be popular, we would still have 1.4 million EU Citizens here.
You can't do that how cruel and an infringement of personal liberties not to mention sacrificing the daily lie in .

Before anyone complains about my irony, I have moved between 6 counties and done many jobs in order to support myself . It never occurred to me there was an alternative.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Personally I'd make employers pay wages people can actually live on without top up benefits the myth it's just unemployed at fault is wide but even with a job many are still stuck on various benefits. We all know people that aren't looking for work really but that number is I think likely to be far less than those simply can't afford to move or take a low paying job.

Only reason continentals can is they live several families to a house multiple occupancy flats and houses often illegal lets. They aren't trying to make a real home of have their family here with them.
Hi Julie.

I appreciate that that may be a problem where you are.

It is certainly not a problem around here.

You can buy a perfectly good house for £150k around here.

A big 3 bed semi, with a garage garden and conservatory is less than £600 a month.

It is a totally different world, even in the same Country.

We are desperate for workers here, most agricultural jobs come with free accommodation.

Yes, it is not to everyone's taste, but the living is good.

We have no big HMO's here plenty of rent a room schemes.

Tax free income for the Homeowners, but the cost is very low for those who rent until they get their own place.

I have an agreement with the Local NHS, £12 a night for new arrivals until they get their own place.

Winner all round.

I love the Company and it costs me nothing overall.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 02:43 PM

I'd like to see someone buy a house on nmw or rent at those rates too though. Many of the jobs advertised are nmw I can't think of many places in the country now anyone can buy or rent easily on that.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You can't do that how cruel and an infringement of personal liberties not to mention sacrificing the daily lie in .

Before anyone complains about my irony, I have moved between 6 counties and done many jobs in order to support myself . It never occurred to me there was an alternative.
That was exactly my point Meg. A job and an income is not something that should be provided for you. It is something you need to search for and find, and moving to another home may be the only option. If we hadn't all done that in the past, we would all be living where our parents did, surrounded by family members... instead of living in different places with new people, who often become friends
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That was exactly my point Meg. A job and an income is not something that should be provided for you. It is something you need to search for and find, and moving to another home may be the only option. If we hadn't all done that in the past, we would all be living where our parents did, surrounded by family members... instead of living in different places with new people, who often become friends
Hi

Two great posts from Meg and Twinks.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 07:29 PM

UK population in

1990....57.25 million

1996 ....58.17 "

2000.....58.89 "

2005.....60.,210 "

2010.....62.,716 "

2016.....65,111 "

and ongoing.

Massive increase in population and more than France's population. In that respect good old Great Britain can't be so bad after all if everyone wants to come here but it does cost us.
The unemployment percentage is probably a lot lower than it has been for years.
As we realise this, we also see how much is being raised by this country for Unicef Africa Appeal . We are Great in Britain

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top