Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Re: Martin McGuinness has died.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can understand why you feel like that it's just not in me to feel that way. Neither right or wrong just different.
I agree Julie. Whether right or wrong this man felt strongly about his cause, and made wrong decisions about how to deal with it. I suspect that most of us have made wrong decisions when dealing with something we feel strongly about!
I am not suggesting that anybody should mourn his loss, but he did have a family that loved him, and I feel that they should not have to suffer further, because he made mistakes in his life . He is dead now, so they can't hurt him, but why hurt his family?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:25 AM

I thought that I would be the only one to say 'GOOD'.
They are making him a hero on BBC news this morning. I had to turn it off.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Julie. Whether right or wrong this man felt strongly about his cause, and made wrong decisions about how to deal with it. I suspect that most of us have made wrong decisions when dealing with something we feel strongly about!
I am not suggesting that anybody should mourn his loss, but he did have a family that loved him, and I feel that they should not have to suffer further, because he made mistakes in his life . He is dead now, so they can't hurt him, but why hurt his family?
Mistakes?

Maticulously planning the deaths of innocent men, women and children are not mistakes.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
A baddy who turned his life around, somewhat!
BOLLOCKS! Would be nice if his victims could do the same

Perhaps they could organise an outdoor memorial service for him in Bridge Street, Warrington
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:33 AM

At times like this I realise its a pity I dont believe in God or hell because if I did I could be comforted by thinking this man would be going to meet his enternal damnation and that his soul would be left to burn in hell forever.

I think the BBC is wrong to spend so much time reporting this and not giving due consideration to his victims and their families.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Hi

Massive political change can be achieved without deliberately targeting innocents and killing and maiming them.

Gandhi and Mandela did just that and were mourned worldwide when they died.

McGuiness chose the terrorist route, he is no hero, just a deliberate cynical mass murderer who had no problem at all in killing children at random.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Mistakes?

Maticulously planning the deaths of innocent men, women and children are not mistakes.
But he appeared to learn the errors of his ways and try peaceful negotiation. I just feel sorry for his family, who shouldn't have to fight for the ability to mourn him in peace. He is now dead so criticizing him will achieve nothing... he has paid the ultimate price for his wrong doings!
I am not a softy, but whatever a bad person may have done, I would hope that more civilized people would allow his family to grieve in peace.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
A baddy who turned his life around, somewhat!
Strange, coming from someone that calls all criminals scum yet a murderous bastard a baddy who turned his life around.

Corporals Derek Wood and David Howes family, friend's and colleagues would disagree.

As would Tim Parry's and Johnathan Ball's families.

How about this one.

Just some of hundreds killed by McGuinness and similar scum.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2017, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
But he appeared to learn the errors of his ways and try peaceful negotiation. I just feel sorry for his family, who shouldn't have to fight for the ability to mourn him in peace. He is now dead so criticizing him will achieve nothing... he has paid the ultimate price for his wrong doings!
I am not a softy, but whatever a bad person may have done, I would hope that more civilized people would allow his family to grieve in peace.
I cannot agree.

As for being civilised.....I cannot find it in me to extend any sort of civility to this man nor his family....his family knew of his murderous ways so, imho are complicit in murder.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:37 AM

Coverage by the BBC this morning has been sickening.
Shows well the sort of bias that led to the recent complaint by MPs

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top