Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:40 AM

Re: Martin McGuinness has died.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
But he appeared to learn the errors of his ways and try peaceful negotiation. I just feel sorry for his family, who shouldn't have to fight for the ability to mourn him in peace. He is now dead so criticizing him will achieve nothing... he has paid the ultimate price for his wrong doings!
I am not a softy, but whatever a bad person may have done, I would hope that more civilized people would allow his family to grieve in peace.
I agree with you, I think he learned from his past, that's all anyone can do in life really.

And his family will miss him if no one else does. Interestingly he made friends with people on the other side of the divide if they can forgive it's not for me to judge him.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:44 AM

Will you all extend the same forgiveness to Ian Huntley should he be released.....How about Stuart Hall?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Will you all extend the same forgiveness to Ian Huntley should he be released.....How about Stuart Hall?
Me ? Yes with a belief in God I see it as they will be judged by him. I managed to forgive a man in my past tpin, who did terrible things to me at the age of 4 - 5 if I can forgive that I can forgive about anything.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:48 AM

Hi

Hopefully, one down one to go, the infamous Gerry Adams.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:50 AM

I don't think McGuinness changed his views one iota over the years, he eventually took the pragmatic view that no one 'side' could ever win and that negotiation and the ballot box would at least give him a degree of power.

The death of 'the butcher of the bogside' won't be given a second thoght by me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with you, I think he learned from his past, that's all anyone can do in life really.

And his family will miss him if no one else does. Interestingly he made friends with people on the other side of the divide if they can forgive it's not for me to judge him.
Julie...if you honestly believe this man put his armalite down in the name of peace....gave up his involvement in IRA activities etc. then there's nothing I or anyone else can say to convince you otherwise.

He was IRA through and through....until his dying day.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Me ? Yes with a belief in God I see it as they will be judged by him. I managed to forgive a man in my past tpin, who did terrible things to me at the age of 4 - 5 if I can forgive that I can forgive about anything.
I tip my hat to you.

I am not so forgiving......thankfully it suits me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:54 AM

I wonder if on his deathbed he had any regrets? I seriously doubt it, he won't be missed by me that's for sure. A despicable man.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wonder if on his deathbed he had any regrets? I seriously doubt it, he won't be missed by me that's for sure. A despicable man.
Only one, I'll bet....Clue: Brighton.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-03-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Julie...if you honestly believe this man put his armalite down in the name of peace....gave up his involvement in IRA activities etc. then there's nothing I or anyone else can say to convince you otherwise.

He was IRA through and through....until his dying day.
I'm always reminded some fights have been only way change has come about, I'm a peaceful fighter myself though and see violence as a failure in diplomacy. It's sad to me anyone picks up a gun.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top