Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 05:51 PM

Re: Cholesterol

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How could you Mups.......I trusted you.......

Well alright then, no bother.....Atorvastatin is one of the 'New Breeds' of statins, I believe that in tests it came out better than some of the older versions concerning side effects.

A lot of my information comes from personal experiences because I don't often believe what I read in the Daily Mail, or anywhere else for that matter. I have a great deal of friends, relatives, neighbours, ex work colleagues, and fellow runners who are a similar age to me. I make a nuisance of myself going round and questioning them about their experiences. Some of them have had Heart Attacks, some haven't but have been taking medication, some have developed diabetes and some have passed away [So I sensitively and respectfully question their spouses discretely of course].

My next door neighbour is around 85 years old and was a Physical Training Instructor in the Army. He is a fine figure of a man, but he was telling me the other day, that despite suffering no heart problems he was put on statins as a matter of course. He developed serious hip pain and found it difficult to walk, he and his wife enter dancing competitions, but he was finding it more and more difficult to compete. A visit to his doctors was rewarded by taking him off the statins immediately. Unfortunately, some of the damage is not reversible and he has also suffered some muscle damage to his shoulders.

The husband of a good friend of Mrs Foxes was a self employed painter and decorator, after suffering a Heart Attack and having stents fitted he was put on statins and returned to work. After just a few months he was unable to climb his ladders and not even be able to walk to the end of his street. He has subsequently packed up his business and been taken off the statins.

I've been a runner all my adult life Mups, I live to run and run to live. When I can no longer run, I will walk every day. I believe mobility is everything in our advancing years and I will do my damndest to keep active. I have read too many stories like these to take the risk, this is the reason why I will not take statins.....Sorry for going on so long.....

Foxy, you haven't 'gone on so long' at all, I appreciate a proper reply like that, thank you.

I think I will do some research on these Statins, and get another blood test done before I make a decision.
My blood pressure is good thankfully, always has been.

Thanks again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, that is about right Summer.

I wish I was a woman, everything is so much easier and less painful for the female of the species, as every man will confirm.

It will seem that way to you because you men are wimps.
Alright, I'm going . . .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Foxy, you haven't 'gone on so long' at all, I appreciate a proper reply like that, thank you.

I think I will do some research on these Statins, and get another blood test done before I make a decision.
My blood pressure is good thankfully, always has been.

Thanks again.
You're welcome Mups.
When you go for your blood tests make sure you haven't eaten anything for the twelve hours before or you may get a biased result.....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top