Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:02 PM

What did you enjoy doing as a child?

I have been accused of being too negative so I thought I would start a positive thread.

I have always enjoyed reading, so spent a lot of time doing that activity. Being a tom boy I much preferred the sort of activities most boys like doing. I climbed trees and fell out of them. I loved driving, from the age of five, a small caterpillar tractor, which was used for harrowing the fields. We also had a motorised truck I liked driving, I managed to run myself over with that! My father taught his four daughters to drive a car from the age of 12, it was fun driving around our property. My uncles had a boat and we would spend most Saturdays on it during the summer, sailing around the islands.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:13 PM

Re: What did you enjoy doing as a child?

Hoping my father would not come home??.. Oh sorry this is meant to be positive. OK sitting by a brook watching insects,maybe the odd tidler swimming.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:16 PM

I used to roam the fields climbing trees and getting on any horses I could in fields we used to persuade them to a fence with bread and then climb on their backs when they ran off we fell off !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:20 PM

I too roamed the fields-from about 6?. We had no fear,no boogey men-but that Ted Shaler???. He hangs dead crows on fences and has a gun.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I used to roam the fields climbing trees and getting on any horses I could in fields we used to persuade them to a fence with bread and then climb on their backs when they ran off we fell off !
We used to do the same Muddy. I used to make halters and try to catch them. One little pony used to try and bite my legs every time I got on it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:33 PM

A 'reading' fan here too, I was not a happy child so I retreated into my own world in a book a lot of the time.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

22-03-2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A 'reading' fan here too, I was not a happy child so I retreated into my own world in a book a lot of the time.
xxx-been there
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:37 PM

In the winter months I'd play with dolls and I was also an avid reader
In the Summer months I'd play out from dawn til dusk with all the kids in the street...usually roaming the countryside in wellies, shorts and a Cagoule strapped to my bike
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

22-03-2017, 08:47 PM

I know I hack on about this but some father`s are just a 50% mix of personality disorders with a 50% mix of pure evil.

I cannot remember a single moment of happiness as a child he did not ruin.

Take my little balsa wood plane with a rubber band propeller. It flew and another adult said `That looks like fun`

It said---but he didn`t bother to trim it though.

TRIM,TRIM??? ffs sake he never did get his wings in the RAF. Just a word he knew. Who trims a balsa wood plane??
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:53 PM

In the bad weather we had Meccano and our train sets, and when the weather was good we'd be out playing on the pit tip or trainspotting.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top