Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:57 PM

Re: What did you enjoy doing as a child?

Aah!! Those heady days days of youth. Out all weathers from dawn till dusk on my rusty old bike, with a bit of scrumping thrown in for devilment. Do I envy today's children. Noooo.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 09:21 PM

Playing outside most of the time in all weathers .
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 09:28 PM

Playing games on the street, whip & top, two balls, rounders, French cricket, making tents out of a sheet and clothes horse, collecting car numbers!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 09:36 PM

Indoors it was reading and jigsaws usually during the winter months and during the summer it was my roller skates
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 10:19 PM

Indoors reading, I loved reading, still do. Outdoors mostly playing in Chatsworth park, getting wet in the brook, falling through things and over things. Sometimes allowed to watch my grandfather groom the horses he looked after or watch him train a new dog. There were very few children at our end of the village and only two of us the same age, myself and the boy opposite, so we grew up like brother and sister. We are still close friends to this day.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 10:29 PM

Being a London born child one of the things I really enjoyed when we moved into the country was the freedom I found I could experience. Freedom to roam miles and miles across fields and woods. I was 10 when we moved out of London and although I felt like a fish out of water and was very lonely for quite some while, I spent many happy hours just wandering and exploring, a freedom I couldn't have when we lived in Brixton. Appreciation of this freedom has been a pleasure which has not diminished with age. I still have the same feeling when I go off into the country on my own with my dogs.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 10:43 PM

Bursting tar bubbles in the street with lolly ice sticks. Something people from the countryside maybe missed out on !!!

Hopscotch, roller skates , playing dolls house on rainy days. Never bothered reading, far too much activity to be involved in. A Triang scooter was the first bit of machinery, but was never allowed to have a bike. Not forgetting the skipping rope.
Poor dad would walk around the corner from work, and he would never be allowed in the house until he'd turned the rope for myself and friends. One end tied around the lamppost and he turning the other end for what must have been about 15 mins.

Only a couple of memories of school days probably because I didn't enjoy it. Found it boring until later.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 11:14 PM

Fishing in the brook for tadpoles and sticklebacks. The sun seemed to shine all summer and the winters were harsh. It snowed forever but we struggled to school and sat in our coats all day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Playing outside most of the time in all weathers .

Same here Abbey. I'd go scrumping with my brother sometimes, and we'd knock on doors then run away.
The girls played Hopscotch, or sat on the wall having deep discussions, or just hung about in each other's houses.

When I got a bit older I spent a lot of time at the local stables after school and allweekends, just helping out, grooming, feeding and learning to ride. Did that for years, I loved horses.

At home we always had a dog, a cat, some goldfish and the school's rabbits or guinea pigs during the long summer holidays, so there were always things to see to.

Then of course, one day an interest in boys began . . . .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 11:43 PM

I was lucky we lived near to Richmond Park in south London so weekends and holidays were spent in the park, paddeling in the brook and having picnics ..

Then there was the 10p red bus rover which took us all over London so we would go off sightseeing with our bottle of squash and sandwiches. Imagine letting your 10 year old do that these days!

If it was a stay at home day,,books I read my way through most of the local library as a child, in books I always found comfort and adventure.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top