Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 11:50 PM

Re: What did you enjoy doing as a child?

Weren't summers longer? Didn't we have snow in Winter?
It was all so long ago, and it all seemed so blissful back then
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:01 AM

Riding my bike & going to the park on my own. Couldn't be done now. I used to spend hours pond dipping & watching the birds & squirrels. I was rather a solitary child, but that all changed when I discovered horses. I spent every spare moment at the stables after that. I was a great reader too, Enid Blyton, all the pony books by various authors & classics too, but got into trouble at school because I'd be reading to myself while other girls were reading aloud & instead of following them I'd start to read where I had got to.
Summers did seem forever the days long & warm & Winter was proper Winter with crisp air & snow on the ground & it never seemed to cause the disruption it does now.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 06:57 AM

I was a reading fan too but also spent a lot of time out with mates exploring all the abandoned wartime buildings, tunnels and bunkers that littered the area where I lived on the Kent coast around Folkestone and Dover.

There were literally hundreds of them with little security to stop inquisitive children getting in. When I think about it now it was a miracle we weren't gassed or trapped but it was a lot of fun when the weather wasn't conducive for swimming. We used to roam for miles on our 3 speed bikes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 07:04 AM

Yesterday received a photo ( of us ) from my childhood friends one of whom I hadn't see for 50 years .
We had the three of us a little club and we played so many games wrote stories and read comics ( Judy ) on rainy days . I loved going to their house it seemed so warm and comfortable .
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 07:52 AM

I had a childhood of two harves . London we'd climb fences and wave to the trains much like inner city railway children , climb trees that were sooty in the winter I read all the famous five and secret seven, the bunty comic . Hampshire tadpolling, primrosing, building dens, bike riding to local beaches with friends days were long and happy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 08:58 AM

Ripple we used to build dens too it was a favourite pastime .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:01 AM

During the summer holidays, which seemed to go on forever, we spent many days on the beaches. Also my mother would take us to a park in town where my sisters and I enjoyed playing on the apparatus. Afterwards we would drive down to the harbour and have either our lunch or tea whilst watching the boats, which was pleasant.

I have mentioned this before, but it was one of the highlights which sticks in my memory as it was so amusing. I was ten when the Queen and Prince Philip were on a State visit. We were sitting at the harbour when there seemed to be some activity going on further up the pier. At that moment one of my younger sisters demanded the potty, which my mother always kept under the backseat for such an eventuality. Mum put the potty on the floor in the back and help my sister onto it. Just then a head looked through the window, it was Prince Philip, who had gone walkabout from the rest of the Royal Party, who had just landed further up the pier after a tour of the smaller islands. My Mum nearly died of embarrassment and I had a fit of the giggles. Years later, when father was a senior politician on the island, my parents were invited to a private dinner party on the Royal Yacht. He teased my mother that he would remind Prince Philip of that incident. Mum said she would murder him if he did.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:42 AM

I was out all the time playing with local kids, none of us ever had any money so thinking back I don't know what we did for lunch, probably just didn't eat till we got back late in the day.

Anyone remember tucking your skirt in your knickers and doing handstands against a wall...lol the things you remember.

Playing in derelict houses or old cars climbing trees . All stuff that would never be allowed now...happy days
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Reading featured heavily, board games, crafts like knitting and sewing, loved my bike and used to ride up the road to the local play ground to meet my friends we'd play on the swings until I could hear my nan yelling my name, then back on the bike to peddle furiously home. I was a doll fan too loved my tiny tears and my sindy I used to knit clothes for them.

I had a pram for tiny tears and used to take it to the shops wheeling my dolls around the village, nan would fill the pram with shopping so I'd end up carrying tiny or she's be crushed under 10ld of potatoes.

Had a dog too looked like a daschhound had red flashing eyes and walked stiff limbed like a zombie, I was terrified of it !
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:51 PM

Football, football and football.....every waking hour.
A bit of fishing thrown in.

I was a happy kid...I often wonder whatever happened to him.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top