Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Re: Geordies

Trying is not good enough.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:55 AM

It's doing its best that's all any of us can do I always think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Nearly 3 out of 4 people in Newcastle said they smiled alot and felt 'a warm glow.'
They probably didn't say that but no one could understand what they were saying anyway.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They probably didn't say that but no one could understand what they were saying anyway.
Plus they were all sloshed on Newcastle Brown Ale at the time LD..

Mind they have to be the happiest people in the North East because that is where all the Government money seems to go these days to support the Geordies and f**k the rest of the North East.
Why do you think I wanna keep my Yorkshire roots at least I know they are honest folk.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Plus they were all sloshed on Newcastle Brown Ale at the time LD..

Mind they have to be the happiest people in the North East because that is where all the Government money seems to go these days to support the Geordies and f**k the rest of the North East.
Why do you think I wanna keep my Yorkshire roots at least I know they are honest folk.
I had a Geordie plasterer doing work in my house. A great bloke but I only understood every fourth word.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 11:59 AM

I know a few Geordies and they've all been very nice people....but please forgive me for not being able to stick the geordie accent of 'Vera' in the detective series, 'Vera'!
Oh, how it grates and l have to switch her off before l throw something at the television screen!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:00 PM

I would admit that Geordies are not always easy to understand....but when you can, they are lovely people. I spent almost a week in that region, but I had gone with a friend who was there to work, so I spent from 9am to 6pm on my own, yet I was never short of somebody to chat to........I was even getting to understand their accent by the time I left.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:03 PM

One of the geordies l knew was alway asking people if they were 'Mackems' or, is it Mackums'?!!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:14 PM

Forgive my earlier outburst.
Yeh Geordies are nice people I have worked with plenty in my day in the North East their language is very similar to most of the North East towns around.
Its just that I have always had this pet hate and I tend to boil over on occasions about Parliament investing in only one area and leaving the rest of North East to fend for themselves in the unemployment queues and with benefits handouts.
Although I have to admit I never signed on in my life one of the main reasons I left the North East all those years ago and hitch hiked to the big city.
But on the whole yes I have to agree the Geordies are a happy bunch, p*ssed or sober.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 01:38 PM

I agree, Geordies are hilarious....great wordsmiths and great company.
I have never returned from a night out with a Geordie without stomach pains..from laughter.

I spent quite a lot of time in Newcastle(Cramlington and Morpeth in the main)

Wonderful people.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top