Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Re: Geordies

An old mate of mine, now sadly passed away, spent 20 odd years working in Yorkshire, don’t ask me what part, but he said they were the happiest years of his life, thanks mainly to the friendliness and good humour of the people there, that would have been from the early 60’s to the middle 80’s, he was a very honest chap so I don’t doubt a word of it, never been there meself.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
One of the geordies l knew was alway asking people if they were 'Mackems' or, is it Mackums'?!!

That must have been our Nom then, he's asked that before now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I know a few Geordies and they've all been very nice people....but please forgive me for not being able to stick the geordie accent of 'Vera' in the detective series, 'Vera'!
Oh, how it grates and l have to switch her off before l throw something at the television screen!!

Thank goodness it's not just me Art, her voice get's on my wick too.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
An old mate of mine, now sadly passed away, spent 20 odd years working in Yorkshire, don’t ask me what part, but he said they were the happiest years of his life, thanks mainly to the friendliness and good humour of the people there, that would have been from the early 60’s to the middle 80’s, he was a very honest chap so I don’t doubt a word of it, never been there meself.
I remember some years back when we would go on holiday to Belturbet Cavan how friendly the people were from your neck of the woods Jem.
I say holiday because that was all I was there for with my family but my bro in laws wifes father owns quite a few houses in the area and we had a couple right on top of the Shannon bank were his boat was moored used to do a lot of fishing from the boat I would just laze in the chair and drink beer the boys would take the fish off the hook for me.
Just like Yorkshire folk home from home.
And the bars now thats another story all together.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:47 PM

Jem Posts:

"An old mate of mine, now sadly passed away, spent 20 odd years working in Yorkshire, don’t ask me what part, but he said they were the happiest years of his life, thanks mainly to the friendliness and good humour of the people there, that would have been from the early 60’s to the middle 80’s, he was a very honest chap so I don’t doubt a word of it, never been there meself."

Sounds about right - we Yorkies are a good bunch by and large.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top