Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:23 AM

Violent 7 year old

I have just read that a 7 year old boy in Bournemouth had a screwdriver confiscated at school. He had taken it in to stab someone in the playground.

I find that shocking for a 7 year old to have such feelings., don't know about you.

He got 'excluded' for one day.

I don't know the answer to this, I am not trained in childcare, but I don't know if I would be more worried if it had been my child he was intending to stab, or more worried if it had been my child caught with the screwdriver.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 01:13 AM

Re: Violent 7 year old

To be truthful, I don't know what would be worse. Most wouldn't until being hit by something so awful. At the moment his parents must be beside themselves, and he's the only casualty in this incident.

Very hard to deal with as getting into a child's mind won't be the easiest, because they don't even know why themselves.

My thoughts, but possibly not all will agree. It is very sad for a child to even be thinking on those lines though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 01:32 AM

a lot of computer games are very violent and kids his age might be exposed via siblings etc. But it's lucky they caught him before anything happened.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 09:39 AM

I was going to say tv and computer games. But also children are often violent little savages, it's up to parents to train them into being decent. Jordan was a lovely boy not a violent bone in him but Nathan admits he was quite murderous when he first came to us. Bad parenting had let him develop a really nasty temper, and it was only his brother and my husbands influences and my talking each time he exploded that turned him around. At 10 we actually wondered if we were best for him as he was going out of control but we turned him. Couldn't be a lovelier lad now makes me proud of him every day.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just read that a 7 year old boy in Bournemouth had a screwdriver confiscated at school. He had taken it in to stab someone in the playground.

I find that shocking for a 7 year old to have such feelings., don't know about you.

He got 'excluded' for one day.

I don't know the answer to this, I am not trained in childcare, but I don't know if I would be more worried if it had been my child he was intending to stab, or more worried if it had been my child caught with the screwdriver.
That is terrible, I hope the boy is being referred to professionals to see what is causing his behaviour.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:14 AM

I blame violent computer games and the like, although the child may see violence at home who knows? Even so as Tara said he needs referring for professional help
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:17 AM

How do we know the report is true? He may have had other reason or reasons to bring a screwdriver to school.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
How do we know the report is true? He may have had other reason or reasons to bring a screwdriver to school.
I don't know any school would allow that mr p, and law looks unkindly at anyone not professional wandering around with them for no reason.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:21 AM

How do we know any report is true plops, it's reported as true so that's what we comment on. Hopefully his intentions were investigated before that conclusion was reported
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:28 AM

I guess you guys trust reporters more than I do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top